Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
The X and T series look good too. Id like to see them in person.
Alot of people around here like the X1060 better than the Diablo because the controls are a little smoother. I tried the X right before the Diablo came out and ended up getting the Diablo. By my understanding the Diablo has bigger pumps and wheel motors and a little more ground speed. I'm not one of those that worry about ground speed cause I don;t have any account where I can go the advertised 14mph lol. And its my opinion and I'm sure there are people who will disagree but I don't think any mower regardless of Brand cuts GREAT running wide open.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
Alot of people around here like the X1060 better than the Diablo because the controls are a little smoother. I tried the X right before the Diablo came out and ended up getting the Diablo. By my understanding the Diablo has bigger pumps and wheel motors and a little more ground speed. I'm not one of those that worry about ground speed cause I don;t have any account where I can go the advertised 14mph lol. And its my opinion and I'm sure there are people who will disagree but I don't think any mower regardless of Brand cuts GREAT running wide open.
I agree with you. On northern turf cut quality drops after 11mph. Not only have I experienced it but a manufacturer told me its hard to maintain cut quality over that speed.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Sounds like there putting the VX4 on them.
I thought that too but after talking to my dealer he kinda thinks Big Dog as a whole is trying to kinda seperate themselves from Hustler but I really don't know. It would be hard for me to believe that since Big Dog is built in the same building as Hustler that it would be productive to put anything other than the VX4, I have never run a Hustler but everybody around here than have been for years are swapping over to the Diablo and the ones that haven't are saying if Big Dog swaps to the VX4 deck they will change. I have no complaints with mine.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Id love to see some pics of your diablo and the cut quality. You should write a review on it!! It may help other LS members interested in Big Dog.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
What is the price of the 60" Diablo with the 31 hp Kawasaki?
Old 08-18-2013, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Id love to see some pics of your diablo and the cut quality. You should write a review on it!! It may help other LS members interested in Big Dog.
That is a good idea. I will take some pics this week and start a thread with the likes and dislikes I have on the Diablo.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
What is the price of the 60" Diablo with the 31 hp Kawasaki?
As of right now I think you only have the option of a 27hp or 35hp with no option in between. I have heard that may change for 2014 but I'm not sure. Also I have read in other threads on LS people talking about the 31hp is a gas hog. I ran one with 27hp kaw for a couple days and then ran one with the 35hp a couple days and while there is no doubt the 35hp consumes a little more fuel it is not very noticable over the 27hp and well worth the extra ponies. I didn't feel the 27hp was enough for me. As far as price its gonna vary depending on your location but down around my area in TN your looking at around 10K for the X1060 Diablo with the 35hp Kawasaki.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
As of right now I think you only have the option of a 27hp or 35hp with no option in between. I have heard that may change for 2014 but I'm not sure. Also I have read in other threads on LS people talking about the 31hp is a gas hog. I ran one with 27hp kaw for a couple days and then ran one with the 35hp a couple days and while there is no doubt the 35hp consumes a little more fuel it is not very noticable over the 27hp and well worth the extra ponies. I didn't feel the 27hp was enough for me. As far as price its gonna vary depending on your location but down around my area in TN your looking at around 10K for the X1060 Diablo with the 35hp Kawasaki.
Their website only shows the 31 & 35 hp Kawasaki on the Diablo, but also shows the 31 as an option on the X-1060.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
That puts the Diablo in a very attractive price range. My 452 was 10600 with a bagger after the 20% fleet discount.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Am I crazy or is the warranty lacking? Isn't 3 year pretty much standard on commercial mowers now days? They dont look to bad really. I have never even heard of them before until this post. I know the woods mowers come off the bobcat assembly line. It seems as if these off brands tend to just be relabeled brand name mowers.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Closed Thread