Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys, I went back and watched the video again. I'm on my phone so I can't post a pic like puppy, but if you stop the video right at 2:10 you can see right above the trailer frame rail that there is a different angled piece right at the front opening of the deck, and obviously the baffle in the rear like the vx4 has. I'm thinking they tweaked both the decks and combined them, making the VXR-47 lol
Old 08-20-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys,

It looks to me like the XR-7 front baffle in the std deck.

Go to this link and scroll down to 7-6 for the std deck, and 7-12 for the "south" deck. There are two versions of the deck, with one being called a "south" deck. It has a different front baffle. It is all in the manual parts break down and you can at least see them to compare the prints for each viewed from underneath-

http://www.bigdogmowers.com/images/M...DFs/115602.pdf
Old 08-20-2013, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Hey guys,

It looks to me like the XR-7 front baffle in the std deck.

Go to this link and scroll down to 7-6 for the std deck, and 7-12 for the "south" deck. There are two versions of the deck, with one being called a "south" deck. It has a different front baffle. It is all in the manual parts break down and you can at least see them to compare the prints for each viewed from underneath-

http://www.bigdogmowers.com/images/M...DFs/115602.pdf
See the south deck looks 99% like my 66" xr7. The only difference I see is the angled "turbo baffle" and different flow control baffles that are also adjustable it looks like. My xr7 doesn't have that baffle that the standard deck has.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
See the south deck looks 99% like my 66" xr7. The only difference I see is the angled "turbo baffle" and different flow control baffles that are also adjustable it looks like. My xr7 doesn't have that baffle that the standard deck has.
There is no turbo baffle Curb. That piece that looks like it is only the flat steel that Mick is cutting out of his deck. it is a brace to shore up the rear of the discharge opening in case it gets snagged on something. You can see it here in his pic-
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=34

If your deck looks like the south deck, it should be a great cutting and discharging deck just based on the design's appearance.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
There is no turbo baffle Curb. That piece that looks like it is only the flat steel that Mick is cutting out of his deck. it is a brace to shore up the rear of the discharge opening in case it gets snagged on something. You can see it here in his pic-
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=34

If your deck looks like the south deck, it should be a great cutting and discharging deck just based on the design's appearance.
Oh ok my mistake, I just thought it was a turbo baffle. My deck handles thick/tall grass fairly well really. It lacks in finishing cut ability, when I'm taking grass down from ~7" down to 3.5-3.75".
Old 08-20-2013, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
Oh ok my mistake, I just thought it was a turbo baffle. My deck handles thick/tall grass fairly well really. It lacks in finishing cut ability, when I'm taking grass down from ~7" down to 3.5-3.75".
Some decks (like my MOD deck) don't cut as cleanly over 3" as others do depending on the type of grass. Mine struggles with fine fescue regardless of whether or not it is dry or has been plenty of moisture when I cut at 3.5"- my normal HOC.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Well I will have to make a stop by the dealer tomorrow and see If I can figure all this out. Obviously I have the standard deck because I do not have any adjustable baffles. I will see if I can shed some light on this tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
Well I will have to make a stop by the dealer tomorrow and see If I can figure all this out. Obviously I have the standard deck because I do not have any adjustable baffles. I will see if I can shed some light on this tomorrow.
Have you noticed any height at which your deck starts to lose its QOC?

Maybe you can post some pics of a few places you've cut recently with it too. That kind of visual info is invaluable on a lawn care forum.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Well its really depends on the grass. I do not mow anything below 3.5" and if the grass is good and thick it seems to have a nice cut. Give me a second and I think I have a few pics on my computer.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Have you noticed any height at which your deck starts to lose its QOC?

Maybe you can post some pics of a few places you've cut recently with it too. That kind of visual info is invaluable on a lawn care forum.
These are cuts from today with gator blades.
Attached Images

Closed Thread