Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I watch a number of farm related programs, and have seen this quick attach deck JD now offers for their lawn & garden tractors, this is really a great concept. You just drive up and over while the deck attachment takes care of itself.
The drive over feature for the HD garden tractors is fairly new, but they've had it for their SCUT's and CUT's a few years now. They also have the ability to back up to a 3 pt attachment that uses a PTO shaft (like a tiller), and couple the entire thing right from the driver's seat. PTO shaft and all.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
The drive over feature for the HD garden tractors is fairly new, but they've had it for their SCUT's and CUT's a few years now. They also have the ability to back up to a 3 pt attachment that uses a PTO shaft (like a tiller), and couple the entire thing right from the driver's seat. PTO shaft and all.
Isn't that wonderful, especially when thinking about all the aggravating times I've had in my life attaching equipment.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ridin, to me it looks like there are two pairs of bolt holes in the baffle. One in front of the left blade and one in front of the right blade.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
Ridin, to me it looks like there are two pairs of bolt holes in the baffle. One in front of the left blade and one in front of the right blade.
Yea, I saw those, but since they are on the baffle and so far from the front skirt where they'd need to bolt to, I am betting they are for bolting in a mulch kit.

It is possible that they are for a set of baffle plates that may be on optional accessory or they may be developing right now for creating more or less lift like the southern deck has, but I am still betting on a mulch kit.

I could be wrong though, and it wouldn't be the first time LOL
Old 08-20-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Yea, I saw those, but since they are on the baffle and so far from the front skirt where they'd need to bolt to, I am betting they are for bolting in a mulch kit.

It is possible that they are for a set of baffle plates that may be on optional accessory or they may be developing right now for creating more or less lift like the southern deck has, but I am still betting on a mulch kit.

I could be wrong though, and it wouldn't be the first time LOL
I do have the standard deck. The front baffle is welded in with no bolts or anything. There are sets of holes on the baffles and they are indeed for a mulch kit. I am overall pleased with the deck. Cleans itself out good and has a nice discharge pattern. One thing I have noticed is the clippings are la little longer than what I would like. I have read on LS alot that you guys up north talk about running High Lift Blades. I know cutting conditions are different depending on where you live but my experience with HLB's vary. They do provide better lift which usually means a better cut but with every mower I have had If I use HLB;s even in the morning dew I will have to stop after every yard (until dew is gone) and clean out my deck. Sorry that should probably be in another thread. I just spoke with my dealer and he didn't have a clue about the "south" deck. He is calling his rep and will let you all know as soon as I hear back from him this afternoon. Also on my way out the door to sharpen blades and will post pics from underneath my deck this afternoon.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Hey Mick-

Thanks for posting the pics, and all together like that for us. I found the pics ok, but I still don't know how to do more than post the link. I'm gonna have to get my wife to teach me how to do what you did with them.
No problem mate, just makes it easier to compare things!

On the South deck it shows that the adjustable baffles come off and the bolts. I'd assume they would do the same with the Standard deck if the baffle came off.

Curb, like I said, there is a baffle very similar to that of the standard that can be bolted on. I really dont remember what it was called but it might be for using the catcher system or something. It certainly wasnt a high capacity system as the deck got choked up almost instantly, not even cutting long stuff. I might add that it was a large one piece baffle that wouldnt be something you'd want to changed out daily.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
No problem mate, just makes it easier to compare things!

On the South deck it shows that the adjustable baffles come off and the bolts. I'd assume they would do the same with the Standard deck if the baffle came off.

Curb, like I said, there is a baffle very similar to that of the standard that can be bolted on. I really dont remember what it was called but it might be for using the catcher system or something. It certainly wasnt a high capacity system as the deck got choked up almost instantly, not even cutting long stuff. I might add that it was a large one piece baffle that wouldnt be something you'd want to changed out daily.
You're saying there was one for the xr7, the 66" in particular? Did it add Vaccum in fine/sparse grass?

It has been raining extensively this past month and I took my flow control baffles out to open up the deck. Well, it dried out this week so today I put them back in and that coupled with the extra high lifts give a fair cut. I cut a nice treated Bermuda yard today and while it didnt stripe up like the walkers will, it left a nice carpet finish. Not exmark carpet, but enough to make me happy.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
You're saying there was one for the xr7, the 66" in particular? Did it add Vaccum in fine/sparse grass?

It has been raining extensively this past month and I took my flow control baffles out to open up the deck. Well, it dried out this week so today I put them back in and that coupled with the extra high lifts give a fair cut. I cut a nice treated Bermuda yard today and while it didnt stripe up like the walkers will, it left a nice carpet finish. Not exmark carpet, but enough to make me happy.
Sorry, no, for the VX4 60".

I think we're getting all these decks mixed up. Im waiting for pics of Big's deck to see what exactly he has. Whether its the red XR7 or one of the new red VX4. Thats what confusing me.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

I think we're getting all these decks mixed up. Im waiting for pics of Big's deck to see what exactly he has. Whether its the red XR7 or one of the new red VX4. Thats what confusing me.
Will have some pics up in the next hour or so.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Well he said he has the standard version, which to me looks like a red xr7.
Closed Thread