Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-18-2013, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

The best way to advertise ?

Thinking of doing door hangers , and signs . My next question is should I wait till around January to start stomping around in the city ? I live in the rural country city is 30 mins from here. Would like some info how to crack the subdivisions , industrial , townhouses.. Thanks everyone
Old 08-18-2013, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Check with Post Office about Direct mail.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Craigslist has worked wonders for me.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone knows someone, find someone in the area you want to work that is in a good visible location. Give them a deal they can't refuse. Being seen and word of mouth has always been the best and most affordable advertising for me. If you have an enclosed trailer, lettering it up will also do wonders.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastbama View Post
Thinking of doing door hangers , and signs . My next question is should I wait till around January to start stomping around in the city ? I live in the rural country city is 30 mins from here. Would like some info how to crack the subdivisions , industrial , townhouses.. Thanks everyone
AT&T yellow page book (large space ad) + google advertising + excellent, colorful, inviting, friendly web page + reasonable prices = over 90 new accounts for me this year.

It took me a long time to find the answer to advertising effectively but I finally found it. I've even tried radio advertising and that didn't work. My current monthly budget is about $600.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing I do for advertising is "extra services" in the off season. Leaf cleanups, aerations, etc. Everything else comes so fast by word of mouth it's hard to keep up. Good luck - I would try Direct Mail first, but make sure you have someone design your mailing that knows what they are doing.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Sponsor

Well now is a great time for door hangers since the summer is coming to a close! A'deas Printing just released a new special for 1000 door hangers (featuring their state of the art Band-It) for only $99.00! With it comes FREE 3 day rush, next day proof approval, AND a free design option. So, if you don't have a file that's ready for printing, utilize our excellent designer or our online design application. They also do direct mail for post cards too. For more information visit their website at www.adeasprinting.com
Old 08-23-2013, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojorojo View Post
Well now is a great time for door hangers since the summer is coming to a close! A'deas Printing just released a new special for 1000 door hangers (featuring their state of the art Band-It) for only $99.00! With it comes FREE 3 day rush, next day proof approval, AND a free design option. So, if you don't have a file that's ready for printing, utilize our excellent designer or our online design application. They also do direct mail for post cards too. For more information visit their website at www.adeasprinting.com
Why talk about the company you work for in the third person?