Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2013, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
I will go to the shop in the A.M. and get the name off the gloves for you. I don't remember them being more than about $25 but that's been three years ago. You can spend upwards of $100 on a pair but these have stopped the numbness & tingling that I was having plus they did not break the bank. I will post as soon as I have a name of the gloves I use.
The gloves are found at Foresterchainsawparts.com The SKU# FOGL1005-1006. About $23+shipping. If you have a medium hand be sure to order a medium glove. I have med. hands but my local dealer only had the large size in stock. They still work but the finger tips are a bit long on the glove for me and that makes working the choke lever on my trimmers a little more difficult.

Last edited by WayneJessie; 08-20-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ringers and MechanixWear are a couple others who make impact and vibration resistant golves. Can be had in half finger design too, for apps where trigger use and good dexterity are needed.

I apologize if I was wrong on the current offering of Redmax trimmers being longer shafts. I'm going back five or more years where I discussed this with the dealer, and it's based on my experience with the offering then and the BCZ2600. Since Husqvarna entered the picture maybe they've shortened them some.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Member

No disrespect but I don't want a shorter shaft trimmer than my BCZ2600. I'm only 5'10 and I'm hunched over enough as it is.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
The gloves are found at Foresterchainsawparts.com The SKU# FOGL1005-1006. About $23+shipping. If you have a medium hand be sure to order a medium glove. I have med. hands but my local dealer only had the large size in stock. They still work but the finger tips are a bit long on the glove for me and that makes working the choke lever on my trimmers a little more difficult.
Thanks for that! Im a little surprised thees no gel in them. I dont really understand how they reduce the vibs.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

It's not really visible in the pics the palms and fingers have some sort of vibration padding sewn in to them. The padding is around 1/4" thick I would guess. They have been a godsend for me. The kevlar material on the back breathes pretty good. Naturally in 90 degree weather your hands will sweat in them but it's not miserable. It takes me about 7 hours of trimming to do a 20 school property and my hands would go numb and tingle for two days after trimming it. The gloves have eliminated that completely so I am assuming they are lessening any further nerve related issues with my hands. I think a certain amount of CT and other problems just go with working hard for many years. These old bodies are going to break down after alot of use.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Does that padding go full length of the fingers?

I agree with you that if you do this long enough, most will have some sort of issue at some point. I have a bad right wrist, tendonitis in the right elbow, right shoulder gets sore. Left hand has the numb fingers. Issues with hip, lower back, knee and neck would almost cover everything else! ha
Old 08-21-2013, 05:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Does that padding go full length of the fingers?

I agree with you that if you do this long enough, most will have some sort of issue at some point. I have a bad right wrist, tendonitis in the right elbow, right shoulder gets sore. Left hand has the numb fingers. Issues with hip, lower back, knee and neck would almost cover everything else! ha
Yes, the padding extends out to the fingertips but is not as thick as in the palms. Probably thinner in the fingertips to help you use your fingers on things like choke knobs and such. The only things that don't hurt on me are the things that have gone completely numb...
Old 08-21-2013, 06:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Yes, the padding extends out to the fingertips but is not as thick as in the palms. Probably thinner in the fingertips to help you use your fingers on things like choke knobs and such. The only things that don't hurt on me are the things that have gone completely numb...
Ha, thats why I drink!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Ha, thats why I drink!
Ya, because they don't make an anti-vibration hat. Ha!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl anti vibration gloves. $19.99 at your local Stihl dealer.
http://m.stihlusa.com/products/prote...antivibration/