The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2013, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
Thats why I only run new trucks for plowing.
new truck every year. I find that hard to believe
Never said new truck every year. Please dont make sh@t up! I have a 2012 f350 and a 2011 f350 this next spring i will trade in the 2011 truck for a 2014 I live in the salt belt sometimes its not uncommon to get 15 inches of snow in one night
I the body's dont last around here I order the cab and chassis and re use my aluminum flat beds. I keep the plow and sell them in the fall. when I order the truck I have the dealer include installation of my new western snowplow. And bam im all set yes i have the payment all the time but its just like leasing when im done i take it back. Knowing that i can get the job done correctly is priceless to me.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

several years of plowing is not new.

you don't like money do you?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Plow that snow

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 08-20-2013, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Push snow all winter! I love plowing, its the real reason I started my company haha I like landscaing too but plowing is one of my favorit parts of this industry.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
several years of plowing is not new.

you don't like money do you?
It sure is alot newer then the old pos trucks in my area! Mine are always under warranty. So there is no worry about cost coming out of my pocket to fix a busted 4 wheel drive. I love money just because i have new (oh i should say several year old equipment ) doesn't mean i dont like money I service high dollar neighborhoods. I make plenty of money after. Im sorry that I figured out how to price my jobs to afford newer equipment. And live comfortable. I dont advertise. I dont sit here wondering if i will make it through winter. People need to stop lowballing jobs and just taking what they can get. Figure out what your goal is and take no less . People are on lawnsite all the time saying so theres a guy that mowes 15 yards in subdivision that im in and how can he have newer truck new trailers and all new equipment, and gees it only takes him 2 hours to cut 15 blah blah blah got to spend money to make money! So yeah
Old 08-20-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
It sure is alot newer then the old pos trucks in my area! Mine are always under warranty. So there is no worry about cost coming out of my pocket to fix a busted 4 wheel drive. I love money just because i have new (oh i should say several year old equipment ) doesn't mean i dont like money I service high dollar neighborhoods. I make plenty of money after. Im sorry that I figured out how to price my jobs to afford newer equipment. And live comfortable. I dont advertise. I dont sit here wondering if i will make it through winter. People need to stop lowballing jobs and just taking what they can get. Figure out what your goal is and take no less . People are on lawnsite all the time saying so theres a guy that mowes 15 yards in subdivision that im in and how can he have newer truck new trailers and all new equipment, and gees it only takes him 2 hours to cut 15 blah blah blah got to spend money to make money! So yeah
Well said. I am learning that this year and its working well for me.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

wouldnt buying a new warantee cost less than selling a truck just as its value plummets?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
wouldnt buying a new warantee cost less than selling a truck just as its value plummets?
And what, sell the truck when it has little to no value and is a complete rust bucket and a money pit. Who is going to buy it? When you have great credit the things cost less a lot of times you can get ZERO percent financing or very low interest. Why would you pass that up? Just make sure you always get the GAP insurance on them.The minute you drive off the dealers lot the value drops. I just look at it as how much money the truck made me! Dealers can sell a 2011 truck a lot easier than a 2001 truck that has 150,000 miles on it even if they take it to an auction.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
And what, sell the truck when it has little to no value and is a complete rust bucket and a money pit. Who is going to buy it? When you have great credit the things cost less a lot of times you can get ZERO percent financing or very low interest. Why would you pass that up? Just make sure you always get the GAP insurance on them.The minute you drive off the dealers lot the value drops. I just look at it as how much money the truck made me! Dealers can sell a 2011 truck a lot easier than a 2001 truck that has 150,000 miles on it even if they take it to an auction.
selling it isnt hard. the question becomes at what point do you sell it for less value than buying another.

what you should be doimg is buying a slightly used truck.
Quote:
The minute you drive off the dealers lot the value drops.
so buy it after the value drops, will still run perfectly and is covered if it breaks, and will sell for not much less after you use it for a couple
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
selling it isnt hard. the question becomes at what point do you sell it for less value than buying another.

what you should be doimg is buying a slightly used truck.
Quote:
The minute you drive off the dealers lot the value drops.
so buy it after the value drops, will still run perfectly and is covered if it breaks, and will sell for not much less after you use it for a couple
No thanks when i order my truck new from dealer and have them install the plow
So the plow is on the truck when i sign the papers and leave the lot the dealer will still warranty the truck even though it has a plow on it. Try buying a used truck put your plow on it and go try and get work done under warranty .....good luck! Yeah let me buy a used truck that comes with interest when a brand new one has no interest. My payment is still cheaper than a used truck.