Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-04-2013, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a pixie in the pic LOL

I made my own from 3/16" X 1" X 1" angle iron and some 1/4" X 5" rubber belting I bought at TSC. Works pretty good too. It mounts between my rear gauge wheels on my deck. The rubber runs from an inch into one tire track to an inch into the other tire track. Mine just touches the ground when the deck is in the cutting position.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang you have got to mow some of the nicest weed free lawn I've ever seen... Looks awesome... Oh what the heck is in that one pic? A fly or something?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cons

A Little Heavier Deck Lift (no springs to help)

How much harder is the deck to lift without the springs as compared to the Lazer?
Stihl and Echo handhelds
Commercial Applicator Certified in 3A and 3B
Old 09-04-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidmows View Post
Cons

How much harder is the deck to lift without the springs as compared to the Lazer?
I had to take mine off.. while mowing if going to fast it just kept bouncing up and down...
Old 09-04-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidmows View Post
Cons

Well on the 60 " deck Id guess an extra 20 lbs over the same size lazer. As long as i slide the seat back i dont have an issue im 6'1". I still am very impressed with this mower for the price. On gas mileage too it burns 1.15 to 1.20 gph with a mulching kit thats not bad.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 09-04-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Dang you have got to mow some of the nicest weed free lawn I've ever seen... Looks awesome... Oh what the heck is in that one pic? A fly or something?
this is sprayed for broadleaf weeds 1 time per yr.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

Old 09-07-2013, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Looks like a pixie in the pic LOL

I made my own from 3/16" X 1" X 1" angle iron and some 1/4" X 5" rubber belting I bought at TSC. Works pretty good too. It mounts between my rear gauge wheels on my deck. The rubber runs from an inch into one tire track to an inch into the other tire track. Mine just touches the ground when the deck is in the cutting position.
I made that one to long and cut it back so its about 1.5 inches below the deck. The material is very soft and pliable but it has lasted 3 yrs on my Bad Boy.

How stiff is the belting material? The stiffer the rubber the shorter you would want it to be.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I made that one to long and cut it back so its about 1.5 inches below the deck. The material is very soft and pliable but it has lasted 3 yrs on my Bad Boy.

How stiff is the belting material? The stiffer the rubber the shorter you would want it to be.
It's approximately 1/4" thick, and fairly stiff, but not so stiff that it doesn't bend. It works great as I have it set. No scraping or dragging loose any grass, even when dry and very thin.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
It's approximately 1/4" thick, and fairly stiff, but not so stiff that it doesn't bend. It works great as I have it set. No scraping or dragging loose any grass, even when dry and very thin.
You are probably side discharging with yours. On my Exmark Im mulching so I needed a pliable enough material to let the grass go under it without dragging it into piles. I double cut and get great stripes, and the price is cheap as you already know. Its almost comical what some guys bbuild with rollers etc when these work so well and only take a few minutes to make.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
You are probably side discharging with yours. On my Exmark Im mulching so I needed a pliable enough material to let the grass go under it without dragging it into piles. I double cut and get great stripes, and the price is cheap as you already know. Its almost comical what some guys bbuild with rollers etc when these work so well and only take a few minutes to make.
In case you don't recall, I do have the MOD deck, so I do mulch sometimes, especially in the fall. My mulching set up with my deck is a lot more like a true mulch kit than the stock set up. I use OEM wavy mulchers and have extended my baffles underneath so that each cutting chamber is now a separate chamber like a true mulch kit. No problems with the clippings so far.

Maybe I can get some pics of the striper I made tomorrow and then post them.