Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-07-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
In case you don't recall, I do have the MOD deck, so I do mulch sometimes, especially in the fall. My mulching set up with my deck is a lot more like a true mulch kit than the stock set up. I use OEM wavy mulchers and have extended my baffles underneath so that each cutting chamber is now a separate chamber like a true mulch kit. No problems with the clippings so far.

Maybe I can get some pics of the striper I made tomorrow and then post them.
I forgot about the mod, I think pics of it would be good but maybe it should be under its own thread so more people will see it who are always asking how to make a roller.

I probably would of bought that 757 if they had the wavy blades back then, I was told they didn't have any blade options but my dealer was not up on stuff. I wanted a JD bad especially the mod. Maybe someday being able to mulch and discharge with 1 mower is definately the way to go imo.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 09-07-2013, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I forgot about the mod, I think pics of it would be good but maybe it should be under its own thread so more people will see it who are always asking how to make a roller.

I probably would of bought that 757 if they had the wavy blades back then, I was told they didn't have any blade options but my dealer was not up on stuff. I wanted a JD bad especially the mod. Maybe someday being able to mulch and discharge with 1 mower is definately the way to go imo.
Many dealers that sell Deere don't have a clue what is, or isn't available for them IME. Since they sell mulch kits for the regular decks, and those same kits come with the wavy mulcher blades, it stands to reason that the blades will fit a MOD deck too. That's how I got my dealer to look them up for me after telling me they didn't make them for my deck.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Many dealers that sell Deere don't have a clue what is, or isn't available for them IME. Since they sell mulch kits for the regular decks, and those same kits come with the wavy mulcher blades, it stands to reason that the blades will fit a MOD deck too. That's how I got my dealer to look them up for me after telling me they didn't make them for my deck.
we love our MI dealers don't we?
Old 09-15-2013, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
we love our MI dealers don't we?
It sure seems that as they try to "streamline" their dealerships, hiring knowledgeable people isn't part of the equation anymore.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
It sure seems that as they try to "streamline" their dealerships, hiring knowledgeable people isn't part of the equation anymore.
what is this knowledge you speak of?
Old 09-15-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ah grasshopper. It takes years of hard knocks to gain........

Or I should say hopefully gain.

Or, to put it more directly- it is the stuff that is so badly missing within the confines of the average clerks cranium at the parts counters of most dealerships these days.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Ah grasshopper. It takes years of hard knocks to gain........

Or I should say hopefully gain.
i own a grasshopper. Does that add experience points?
Old 09-15-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
i own a grasshopper. Does that add experience points?
Well, ya got me there.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

MJB, hope you are doing good. I am writing because I saw your post "Finally My New Exmark Pioneer S Arrived.

The reason I am writing is because I am a new first time home owner in Michigan. Have 3 acres of yard to mow and I was looking at getting this exact some mower, minus the mulch blades.

However I wanted to know what you think of the Kohler Command CV740 engine? Also why didnt you go with the Kawasaki FX730 motor, since I saw a lot of your previous Lazer models have the Kawasaki engines?

Mainly because I am torn between the two engines. I heard from my co-worker who owned his own landscaping and snow and concrete business before selling it. He had Exmarks (Lazer series) and swears by them. He is how I found out about them and when I started to research them. However he says hands down go with the Kawasaki engine over the Kohler. He had Kawak's in his Exmarks and no issues.

Any advice you can give me and recommendations and what you think of your Pioneer.

Either way I really would appreciate you feedback and what you think.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have no problem with either engines. I went with Kohler this time because I noticed around 700 to 1000 hrs my Kawi's need new coils. I've run Kohlers and come to the conclusion that if maintained properly you should get 2500 hrs before you need to think about replacement. They will run longer but start losing power as they age. Every once in a while both Kohler and Kawasaki come out with lemons so just be cautious when trying something new and untested. Reading these threads you can learn which engines to stay away from generally. Some guys swear by one and hate the other so don't take everything as gospel. There is always more than 1 way to skin a cat.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong