Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

will maruyama attachments fit other brands?

Here's the deal: I want to get a maruyama landscape blade for my stihl km 130 r. I know about the power scythe and would prefer to get the landscape blade, but the power scythe is not off the table.

Does anyone **know** if the maruyama will fit the stihl? Lowes attachments from the ryobi expand it system fit the stihl, so if it will work with poulan, ryobi, troybilt etc it shoud be fine.

If anyone has a landscape blade or a power scythe they want to part with please send a pm.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben325e View Post
Here's the deal: I want to get a maruyama landscape blade for my stihl km 130 r. I know about the power scythe and would prefer to get the landscape blade, but the power scythe is not off the table.

Does anyone **know** if the maruyama will fit the stihl? Lowes attachments from the ryobi expand it system fit the stihl, so if it will work with poulan, ryobi, troybilt etc it shoud be fine.

If anyone has a landscape blade or a power scythe they want to part with please send a pm.
I am interested in this as well. I have called a maruyama dealer and he could not honestly answer. If so it would make more financial sense for me just to by the landscape blade attachment, which I am sure why you are asking the same question.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Same here about the dealer. The lady just kept saying stuff like it would void my warranty etc...
Old 08-21-2013, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a bunch of combo Maruyama, Shindaiwa, and Echo. I have been meaning to check this out but have had no need to as of yet. I noticed the Shin and Mar seem to use what looks like the same drive shafts but?????

I will see if I can get around to it but I move slow the end of America is approaching so I savor my time slowly.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben325e View Post

Most of the time things are different like about 95% of the time but I have modded stuff slightly to work before in these type of hand held situations.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for checking on that for us, when you get around to it I have no problems whatsoever with modifying things. I'd say that most of what I own has been modified to suit my needs in one way or another.

Please let us know what you find!