Register free!

Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,768
Flowers Beds w/drip-need more/water/roses

We have 1 gph hunter drip in our flower beds. Some of these beds have roses
and I need more water on roses vs annuals. I could build a net work of emitters around the roses but that takes time. I don't want to use any of the little spaghetti line with spray heads those are problematic.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 40,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
We have 1 gph hunter drip in our flower beds. Some of these beds have roses
and I need more water on roses vs annuals. I could build a net work of emitters around the roses but that takes time. I don't want to use any of the little spaghetti line with spray heads those are problematic.
Add some discrete emitters with above-ground outlets. Get over your fear of spaghetti tubing.

Or add a new zone just for flooding the rose beds.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 AM
AI Inc's Avatar
AI Inc AI Inc is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 21,793
double wrap the roses , single the rest
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Sprinkler Buddy's Avatar
Sprinkler Buddy Sprinkler Buddy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
double wrap the roses , single the rest
Bingo, problem solved!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 AM
bobw bobw is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 810
You could also punch some emitters into the drip line to increase the precip rate around the roses.
__________________
this space left intentionally blank
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
We have 1 gph hunter drip in our flower beds. Some of these beds have roses
and I need more water on roses vs annuals. I could build a net work of emitters around the roses but that takes time. I don't want to use any of the little spaghetti line with spray heads those are problematic.
Volume problems are easily solved, however the interval problem is not. I might suggest testing your soil moisture around the roses to the effective root zone depth under the current irrigation.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-21-2013, 03:19 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
Bingo, problem solved!
That takes a lot of time got over 100?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Add some discrete emitters with above-ground outlets. Get over your fear of spaghetti tubing.

Or add a new zone just for flooding the rose beds.
Got to fix with what we got. Use of spaghetti is a maintenance nitemare. Doing sprinkler test on drip very time consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
You could also punch some emitters into the drip line to increase the precip rate around the roses.
Got a link? Sounds good.

This is what they can look like if watered enough.....water this one from water tank.
Name:  20130809_111021.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  132.1 KB
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 40,361
Spaghetti tubing can be a pain, but combined with emitters punched into the emitter tubing, you get rose dripping you can see working with your own eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-21-2013, 05:22 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
That takes a lot of time got over 100?

Got to fix with what we got. Use of spaghetti is a maintenance nitemare. Doing sprinkler test on drip very time consuming.



Got a link? Sounds good.

This is what they can look like if watered enough.....water this one from water tank.
Attachment 277265
Perhaps those roses are very overgrown? Cutting back when it is time may reduce the water requirement.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Spaghetti tubing can be a pain, but combined with emitters punched into the emitter tubing, you get rose dripping you can see working with your own eyes.
Yes that would be good. We use a pick device to loosen the soil, very likely will snag line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
Perhaps those roses are very overgrown? Cutting back when it is time may reduce the water requirement.
These roses started the year aat 12 inches....lot of fertilize.
These kept blooming in spite of 11 days over 100F. Thatis goal.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.08020 seconds with 8 queries