Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 08-20-2013, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Super Z EFI dead

I have a 2005 Hustler Super Z 72" with the 28hp EFI Kohler. 2 weeks ago, I turned the engine off for a brief moment while talking to someone. When I went to start it, I received a loud click then nothing. Fans are not running with the key on, PTO clutch is not engaging, engine lights on the panel are not lighting up....completely dead. Checked all fuses (3 on the panel and 2 behind the seat), nothing is blown. I have power to the ignition switch so i assumed it was possibly the switch. Replaced switch today after work and still no go. Battery is good. It was replaced at the beginning of this year and hasn't given me issues. What am I missing? What would cause everything to completely die at once?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Sponsor

Interlock could be the issue. Is there juice on the large cable battery side of the starter solenoid?

Brian O
Old 10-22-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

I experienced the same problem on our 08 28EFI, took battery out had it check and charged. Ran good for about 45mins, Battery went completely dead. Took the battery had it check and charged again, replaced, found one wire terminal off of voltage regulator, reconnected, been running great since.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Sponsor

Be mindful of that wire. I believe it's purple but don't hold me to that. It's your charging wire. Sometimes with those kohlers and Kawasaki's for that matter that wire gets loose and you lose your amperage. Make sure it's a clean solid contact.

Brian O