Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-06-2013, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Bid question

I placed a bid with the county for the grounds maintenance Of all of the county properties in my area.I was one out of four bidders .along with the turf maintenance The scope of work included applications of herbicides and pesticides .the bid stated that the contractor must be licensed by the TDA. ( I am) . Also the scope of work included monthly irrigation checks and maintenance on the system if were to arise the contractor must be licensed for this also ( I am). Unfortunately I did not win the bid. The question I have is I looked up the contractor who one the bid on the texas department of agriculture website. And he is not a licensed applicator. I also looked up the contractor on the texas commission on environmental quality website and he is not a licensed irrigator , In fact all three of the other bidders are not licensed applicators or licensed irrigators . It stated in bold letters in the contract. That the contractor must posses said licenses . So I did a formal open records request to see if the signed contract , and to see if the contractor who was awarded the bid
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry. Hit the submit button to early I also requested if the contractor had the licensing to comply with the bid , the promptly responded with the signed contract. ( that listed no subcontractors). And a copy of his DBA ?? And completely avoided answering my question if the contractor had the licensing required to be awarded the contract.. Is this right ? Do I have any grounds to stand on if I wanted to contest this?
Posted via Mobile Device