Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-05-2013, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

I need advice from business owners

I currently own a carpet cleaning business. I hate the work however there's great money in it. Im 23 and am very business minded. I am thinking about the future and with all the equipment break downs and horror things that can happen to a customers carpet, tile, marble, stone etc makes me nervous to allow employees to do it. I know a lot of people in carpet cleaning and there is a lot of things that can go wrong. Now Im not scared of fixing things however I want to build a business that is easy to train employees and send them out. I used to own a lawn care business back in 2008. I loved the work and could hire someone to weed whack and not have to stress they would ruin something.

Needless to say, im heavily considering getting back into mowing. I have a partner now with my other company so that will start to run itself for the most part. I don't need number but will you lawn care business owners tell me the potential there is in this type of business? Is there GOOD money to be made? Im in Michigan so we have winters. I appreciate any advice you guys can give me. Thanks
Old 11-05-2013, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

lawn care

I live in Michigan as well, work 40 hrs week at a glass company and mow nights and weekends, making a nice living doing both. lawn care alone would not support my lifestyle doing it part time, not sure about full time but I think it would do me well.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you're in it for the money I would say it is not worth it... I'm in it becuz I love it, and don't care about money as much as gardening...