Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-21-2013, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Open trailer/rain/equipment???

I have some racks ordered for open trailer to hold trimmers and blowers.
I want to leave all my equipment on the trailer so that I can save time loading and unloading. Its pretty safe in my fenced back yard at night with the dog back there.
Right now I unload or tarp the mowers to protect them and the trimmers/blowers go in a small work shop that I have.

I'd like to park it at the end of the day and go in the house - and in the morning I would like to have a little extra time to drink coffee instead of getting the blowers and trimmers out.

My question is - how does it affect trimmers, blowers, scag vride, honda hrc 21" to leave it out in down pouring rains?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootytalbot View Post
I have some racks ordered for open trailer to hold trimmers and blowers.
I want to leave all my equipment on the trailer so that I can save time loading and unloading. Its pretty safe in my fenced back yard at night with the dog back there.
Right now I unload or tarp the mowers to protect them and the trimmers/blowers go in a small work shop that I have.

I'd like to park it at the end of the day and go in the house - and in the morning I would like to have a little extra time to drink coffee instead of getting the blowers and trimmers out.

My question is - how does it affect trimmers, blowers, scag vride, honda hrc 21" to leave it out in down pouring rains?
All my junk does fine in the rain, I don't really give it a choice. Mowers are loaded up on Tuesdays and stay on till Friday morning rain or shine. Couple of Exmark WBs a Vride Honda 21" hand helds and blowers.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Knox -- Tanks bud-e (Indian accent). LCO up the road leaves his stuff out all the time, but i never do. But I see why he does - effort to load and unload is getting real old.
Where you at Knox? I'm over in Farragut area - have lived here since it was mostly farmland - now its grown-up. Wife refuses to move, and I got dogs buried in the yard, so I guess we will stay -- no matter how many camera lights they stick on our streets. We got 4 in a little stretch of KPike all in Farragut and then the ones on Lovell (those seem to change REAL fast).
Old 08-21-2013, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Open trailer/rain/equipment???

I leave mine on the trailer and put them up after leaf season only. Sometimes the trimmer or edger my be a little hard to start that's about it I guess. I even have the canvas covers for the trimmer and edger but never use them.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Off KP across from Ingles in Farragut.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tarp mowers on trailer if it brothers you, wal mart sacks tied around handheld motors and trash bags will go over bp blower. I do all this sometimes if its going to rain a bunch but a lot of times my stuff just gets wet.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's why I like pulling with a van, all my hand tools and small power equipment is stored inside the van out of the weather and safe.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoshock View Post
That's why I like pulling with a van, all my hand tools and small power equipment is stored inside the van out of the weather and safe.
Does it say anything about "free candy" on the side? There are several vans in the West Knox area the most noticeable is an older shorty GMC that is rusted along the bottom.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
Does it say anything about "free candy" on the side? There are several vans in the West Knox area the most noticeable is an older shorty GMC that is rusted along the bottom.
LOL, no it was an old prisoner transport van,before that it was a handicap transport van. If lawn care thing doesn't work out, I can always start selling ice cream.
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2013, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does it still have the ramp on the side door? Never thought of it but you could load a small walk behind using the ramp and have a perfect small area rig.