Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-24-2013, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENWITHENVY1 View Post
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.First off the difference between a commercial customer and a residential is zero and that is why a loaner should have no bearing on if you make a living with the mower or its for your own personal use and why? Because you both are customers.This is why a store (large store) has a RETAIL counter and a WHOLESALE/COMERCIAL counter.You now have both personal use customers and buisness owners taken care of without intermingling.Money is money and it has no bearing on how you make it, what matters is that as a customer or an owner operator your both spending the same so your both entitled to the same. What you do or dont do with the loaner is not the customers issue.
You really are stupid aren't you? Get over yourself for just a second and realize what you are saying. Going off your statements, I'm guessing you are a homeowner who mows private property because you are forced to maintain it. Any commercial cutter would have different view points all together.

Even if a dealer only had one loaner machine, that machine is not going to benefit you in the least. Maybe borrowing it will keep your yard from getting a week behind, big deal!

What if my mower breaks down first thing Monday morning? Well I now have at least $500 worth of potential revenue to catch up on. That means I have to move my schedule around for the rest of the week to try and work people in and stay ahead. What if my schedule is so tight that I cannot move people around and I'm forced to absorb one whole day's worth of mowing? That means I Iose one weeks worth of those jobs for the month. Does that make sense to you? Until you get out and do this for a living, please keep your ignorant opinion to yourself because you are far outnumbered by those here that do this for a living.

I'm sure you are nothing, but a troll. Any sensible person wouldn't be on here saying such ridiculous things. Please show us your commercial piece of equipment. Obviously you have spent as much as many of us by how you stand your ground.

You are windier than two bags of assholes.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
You really are stupid aren't you? Get over yourself for just a second and realize what you are saying. Going off your statements, I'm guessing you are a homeowner who mows private property because you are forced to maintain it. Any commercial cutter would have different view points all together.

Even if a dealer only had one loaner machine, that machine is not going to benefit you in the least. Maybe borrowing it will keep your yard from getting a week behind, big deal!

What if my mower breaks down first thing Monday morning? Well I now have at least $500 worth of potential revenue to catch up on. That means I have to move my schedule around for the rest of the week to try and work people in and stay ahead. What if my schedule is so tight that I cannot move people around and I'm forced to absorb one whole day's worth of mowing? That means I Iose one weeks worth of those jobs for the month. Does that make sense to you? Until you get out and do this for a living, please keep your ignorant opinion to yourself because you are far outnumbered by those here that do this for a living.

I'm sure you are nothing, but a troll. Any sensible person wouldn't be on here saying such ridiculous things. Please show us your commercial piece of equipment. Obviously you have spent as much as many of us by how you stand your ground.

You are windier than two bags of assholes.
What he said!^^^^!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That's pretty much my feelings on it as long as it is clearly a manu defect and not misuse/abuse.
First winter I had my kubota I used it for pushing snow. They sold a blade and got it. Worked good, but the hydrolic lift system is not lubercated so all the pivot points rusted due to salt. The dealer told me one week. It turned into a month long ordeal and it was a week and half before they looked at it. I was hopping mad to say the least.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Member

i remember reading an article once where a local dealer said he treats all customers the same and there is no way he would give priority to contractors he sold the business within 2 years of the article,there wasn't a single contractor that would purchase or get their equipment serviced from him because no one can afford to wait for service when they are running a business
Old 08-24-2013, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iand View Post
i remember reading an article once where a local dealer said he treats all customers the same and there is no way he would give priority to contractors he sold the business within 2 years of the article,there wasn't a single contractor that would purchase or get their equipment serviced from him because no one can afford to wait for service when they are running a business
Especially when parts are just as fast and sometimes cheaper on the internet, he just rendered himself useless.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Closing the deal on a zero turn and asked my dealer about his loaner policy if or it needs repair which is going to take some time.

Dealer said if you are a commercial user and it cannot be fixed in 24 hours we give you a loaner. If you are consumer user and we cannot get it back to you in less than one week, we give you a loaner. However, if a consumer is in a tight spot (for example, mowing for a wedding) and we have one available, we will give you a loaner even if it is not going to take a week.

Being a consumer, not a commercial buyer I responded "Is that because the commercial customer buys more equipment?" Dealer said no, it is based on "need."

I scratched my head.

He looked at my account and said, you have purchased a lot of equipment here but you don't make your living with the equipment. You are good customer, but you are not going to loose your livelihood without a mower. But a commercial customer, even a guy who has only purchased one piece of machinery from us, is going to loose money without his piece of equipment, so he needs a loaner if the repair is going to take longer than 24 hours.

The 7 day rule for consumer is also based on need. At 7 days a consumer's lawn would get behind, so he would "need" a loaner.

Makes sense to me.
Your dealer should run for office, he has much more common sense than most politicians.

A man making his living and feeding his family with one mower takes precedence over a homeowner in any mower loaning scenario. This is no more than common sense, and to whoever it was that stated the mower cost the same no matter who it's sold to, needs to find a class that helps promote positive thinking.

I am standing in a dealers business while talking with him about my mowers problem, he tells me there is one loaner on hand and I can use it while my mower is being repaired (I mow 15 ac. per week on my farm). While I am standing there talking with the dealer I overhear a person that depends on his one mower to make a living for him and his family say he has a problem, and needs his mower repaired. The service writer tells him it will take several days for the repair to be made, and the last mower they had on their loaner program just went to me.

No one need say a word, I would immediately tell the dealer this gentleman needs the loner, and I want it loaded on his trailer. This is know as common courtesy derived from common sense.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^^^^ There's the answer!! Courtesy and common sense are a commodity, brother. =D
Old 08-24-2013, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Imagine if someone were to open a 24/7 service shop and parts counter. Think of how much business they would get if you could drop something off for a overnight repair while we sleep or be able to get that belt at 10pm
Old 08-24-2013, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey stupid.Did you read what I wrote you ****** bag.Go back and try reading it a little sloooower this time.I am giving a scenario between COMMERCIAL AND HOMEOWNER you dumb prick.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Member

CURBAPEAL Im talking to you *******.