Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 PM
SaberLawnCare SaberLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St Louis Mo
Posts: 241
So you sold half the accounts to Turd1, and half to Turd2. Sold the equipment to Turd 3. TurdX wants all 12 accounts, the 6 he bought and the 6 TurdY bought.

OR

You sold 12 accounts to Turd1 and sold the equipment to Turd3 and Turd 1 and 2 above are with the same company and you lumped them together.

Either way a client isn't property and sale of a client's contract and the service it entails shouldn't be on the table until the client agrees to use the person you are selling to or agrees to use the person buying.

I wouldn't pay for 12 accounts until the 12 accounts agreed to use me.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 PM
DA Quality Lawn & YS's Avatar
DA Quality Lawn & YS DA Quality Lawn & YS is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 7,779
Somethin' fishy about this thread. 600-700 mowing accounts per week for two guys??
OK. Perhaps the thread is a turd
__________________
7x14 Stealth SE Enclosed with 48" side ramp
08 Toro Z400 48" deck, 21HP Kaw with EZ Vac twin bag
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,857
Too much drama. Didnt you quit? Why would you worry about all this of you did? Dang its just cutting grass not a soap opera
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-23-2013, 01:46 AM
JDGlandscape's Avatar
JDGlandscape JDGlandscape is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Somethin' fishy about this thread. 600-700 mowing accounts per week for two guys??
OK. Perhaps the thread is a turd
it wasnt specified, but i assume he meant 600-700 a week gross. because 600-700 a week customers would be a lot more expensive to buy than 10k. around here it would be like 55k
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-23-2013, 01:59 AM
herler herler is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
I don't know what happened, but I'm loving the use of the word "turd".

It's a funny word. Not as funny as "poop", mind you, but funny nonetheless.
Just remember if it's dog poop I insist it must be "hand" picked, as cheap imitations and bagged or scooped matter will not be accepted.
Oh yes, I can tell.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-23-2013, 04:16 AM
jsslawncare's Avatar
jsslawncare jsslawncare is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,656
Some People!!!!!

At this point I've done moved on.
__________________
All equipment is wore out. <- Never mind. All equipment has been repainted and with new decals. It's like I have new mower's again!
48" Ferris WB
36" Ferris WB
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-23-2013, 07:45 AM
herler herler is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,248
Well, there's more...

600-700 a week is still way north of what I would expect out of 12 accounts, that is, unless they were all top of the line and even then it's a lot of money so now they're all big acreage accounts too, the best of the best... Then again some Lco's simply take the best week and use those figures but that's hardly accurate, one should take the average annual spread over 5 or 10 years but who does that, how about the guy who doesn't call his string trimmers weedeaters.

That's on top of the turd1, 2 and 3 bit, however...
Oddly enough, this story even with all its odds and ends, it's probably true.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-23-2013, 08:19 AM
orangemower orangemower is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Well, there's more...

$600-700 a week is still way north of what I would expect out of 12 accounts, that is, unless they were all top of the line and even then it's a lot of money so now they're all big acreage accounts too, the best of the best... Then again some Lco's simply take the best week and use those figures but that's hardly accurate, one should take the average annual spread over 5 or 10 years but who does that, how about the guy who doesn't call his string trimmers weedeaters.

That's on top of the turd1, 2 and 3 bit, however...
Oddly enough, this story even with all its odds and ends, it's probably true.
I was making that much with only 10 accounts! The largest account being 2 acres.

I did two hedge trimming jobs and cut the lawns after I was done. It took over 3hrs. I grossed $325.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Caddyshack Lawn Care Caddyshack Lawn Care is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbia MO
Posts: 469
I followed the story pretty easily because similar things happened to me several years ago. No one wants to work, and then they see what looks like easy money so they want some of that, but then find that it really is hard work and don't want any part of that.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-23-2013, 05:16 PM
SouthSide Cutter SouthSide Cutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington In
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyshack lawn care View Post
i followed the story pretty easily because similar things happened to me several years ago. No one wants to work, and then they see what looks like easy money so they want some of that, but then find that it really is hard work and don't want any part of that.
bingo!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.08826 seconds with 7 queries