Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-22-2013, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hustler Super Z HD review not happening

I emailed Hustler for a 60" Super Z HD with flex forks demo for a LS review. Hustler contacted my area rep and he called me today. He was not interested unless I would want to buy one. I told him I respected that but many other companies have jumped on the opportunity. Anyway, sorry guys its not going to happen.....

Last edited by GMLC; 08-22-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Member

GMLC, what is your review of Hustler's lack of interest in letting you do a review on the SZ?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
GMLC, what is your review of Hustler's lack of interest in letting you do a review on the SZ?
Honestly I don't know if it was more Hustler than the rep. Maybe Ill contact Big Dog instead!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's too bad GMLC. Maybe they've read your posts on here and have an ax to grind. Heck, they may be afraid that if they give you a demo, they might not be able to sell off any of their remaining VX4 decked machines

Yesterday I tried to get a Big Dog demo for this week. Not happening either. Only if I want to drive it around on their tiny paved lot for a minute or two. I still may go look at them tomorrow. The guy called me about 4 times today, but never left a message why. I really wanted to see how that deck does on my own yard. It is almost completely fine fescue, and a beeaatch to cut clean in one pass with about anything.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wish you guys were closer, I have gravely 460, 152, 34 compact, 430d, 325d in grasshopper, and 3 xp bad boys, an outlaw, a Zt, a 35 cat diesel bad boy, and an xone hustler demo I like giving demoes, helps build relationships, sell mowers, get criticism, help people in a bind, etc... did you tell them you bought a mower due to the last factory demo you did?
Old 08-23-2013, 04:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That's too bad GMLC. Maybe they've read your posts on here and have an ax to grind. Heck, they may be afraid that if they give you a demo, they might not be able to sell off any of their remaining VX4 decked machines

Yesterday I tried to get a Big Dog demo for this week. Not happening either. Only if I want to drive it around on their tiny paved lot for a minute or two. I still may go look at them tomorrow. The guy called me about 4 times today, but never left a message why. I really wanted to see how that deck does on my own yard. It is almost completely fine fescue, and a beeaatch to cut clean in one pass with about anything.
Hit the nail on the head < then drove it right in!!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup I was a little disapointed and really was looking forward to trying the super. It would have been an honest review with tons of pics. What Hustler is missing is that a LS review normally gets one of the top positions on Google. Other compnanies know the exposure and have jumped on board.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It really is amazing that these companies don't take advantage of more LCO's to both get feedback for product development and for exposure/free advertising. But then again, most of us LCO's don't have a high tech college engineering degree. Nah, we are only the slobs that run these damn things all day, every day. What do we know?
Old 08-23-2013, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I called Hustler and the guy I was talking to told me 2013 was their biggest year and the Z's were selling big, this site and the regulars here are probably an annoyance for them.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hustler really dont want any more honest reviews!

Have some more fuel numbers if someone wants to check them...
24lt...(6.34 gal).... 389.3 to 393.4 = 24lt / 4.1hrs = 5.85lt/hr (1.54gal/hr)