Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-22-2013, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Your thoughts on my flyer please. new zealand based.

So ive taken loads of advice from loads of people on here and this is what i have come up with. Your thoughts are appreciated good or bad as this is the very first flyer i have had done. 5000 of them going out this coming wednesday fingers crossed for a good response. we are a new zealand based company so the lawn care industry is a little different here than in the us. so dont judge to harshly please. i have been in business for just over 2 years now and after talking to my customers no one has every put out flyers before for lawn care. strange i know but kiwis are not really into marketing. theres a few companys that advertise in the local papers but they cost a fortune for a small ad.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2013, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good! There is just one thing, it's not that big of deal but hedge shaping sounds a little weird, maybe something like hedge trimming or hedge cutting, other than that little thing, it looks good! Best of luck to you!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You should keep in mind that pictures you find on the web are typically not print quality. For example, the over-saturated lawn stripes picture (and the most overused picture the landscaping/lawn care world has ever seen) is low resolution and will print as such.

By the way, last time I reverse searched that particular picture, I believe their were over 50,000 uses by lawn care companies, etc.

edit: 61,500 uses of that image
Old 09-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Sponsor

Nice, pithy.
easy-lift guy
Old 09-22-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Graham

Will be interesting to see how it goes. Would be worth making sure you find out how people heard about you over the next few weeks, to help you track whether it is working for you.

There is a rogue fullstop after "lawn care treatments".

The "saving our time" bit seems a bit out of place. I understand what you are saying, but most consumers look at advertising with a "what's in it for me" mindset, so positioning it slightly differently may help.

Do you find the lawn stripe photo is appealing to NZers? Here in Aus, stripes are not particularly desirable, and are more something you see on a footy field rather than residential lawns.

Hope it goes well for you.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi Susie. Thanks for the reply. i noticed the full stop i got rid of it before they went to print. thanks though. How would you position saving our time and your money differantly? as far as the stripes goes iam not to sure. most of the advertising i can find here in nz to do with lawn care and gardeing people just use there logo no photos or specifically designed for lawn care. weird ay. i find stripes very desirable and a lot of my customers love the stripes. i think it makes a place really inviting. Also pritty hard to mow a lawn without getting stripes unless you just go round in circles? Have put out 250 flyers by hand last weekend and i have recived 7 phone calls and given 5 quotes from 7 calls and got 4 regular jobs from 5 quotes... not bad me thinks...hope the 5000 going out in a couple days pulls in some business.... hows the lawn business in aus? and where are you based?
Old 09-28-2013, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

ok so flyers went out on wednesday. so far 1 phone call and one job offer.....
Old 09-29-2013, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well it all takes time, 5,000 seems like a lot to pass out but i wouldn't think a flyer alone would keep you from getting business