Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-23-2013, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Gravely contacted me yesterday!!!!!!

After posting my recent experience at a nearby Gravely dealer (Here's my question thread) I was contacted by Gravely about the situation. Very impressed with Gravely taking the time to talk with me and trying to solve my frustrations. GMLC also said he would not be surprised if they did and he was right. They have stated that if I wanted to demo a 460 that they would set that up. The main reason I wanted to start this thread is I have read many times on LS that Gravely takes great pride in customer service and wanted to let everyone know that seems to be a true statement. It's a shame that the dealer does not put forth the same effort to take care of their customers. I do plan on taking the 460 for a spin and will give my opinion on it. Again thanks Gravely for going out of your way for the average Joe.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great to hear that Gravely is stepping up. One of the main reasons I didn't by a Gravely, and went with Scag, was because of the Gravely dealer. Gravely could probably sell a lot more mowers if their dealers got on the ball.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztman View Post
Great to hear that Gravely is stepping up. One of the main reasons I didn't by a Gravely, and went with Scag, was because of the Gravely dealer. Gravely could probably sell a lot more mowers if their dealers got on the ball.
This is so true. Last year before I bought the Diablo I went to the Gravely dealer and stood at the desk for a good ten minutes with the three guys behind the counter having a conversation between themselves before they asked "Can I help You". I was the only customer in the showroom at the time. I told them I was in the market for a 60' ztr and would like to demo the gravely. They told me they couldn't let me so I left from there and bought the Diablo.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

So far I haven't been to a dealer who caried gravely who weren't a hack job or just trying to milk your money and kick you to the cub after the sale. And if gravely is reading I'd be gladl to give a write up on the surrounding dealers.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

One of the main reasons I switched to Gravely was the customer support. Hands down the best in the industry. Bad dealers are everywhere and with every brand. Thats why so many shop the dealer and not the brand.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
After posting my recent experience at a nearby Gravely dealer (Here's my question thread) I was contacted by Gravely about the situation. Very impressed with Gravely taking the time to talk with me and trying to solve my frustrations. GMLC also said he would not be surprised if they did and he was right. They have stated that if I wanted to demo a 460 that they would set that up. The main reason I wanted to start this thread is I have read many times on LS that Gravely takes great pride in customer service and wanted to let everyone know that seems to be a true statement. It's a shame that the dealer does not put forth the same effort to take care of their customers. I do plan on taking the 460 for a spin and will give my opinion on it. Again thanks Gravely for going out of your way for the average Joe.
Good for you!!! Let us know what you think. IMO the 400 series is one of if not the best machines made right now. Its the total package. Great cut, comfort, speed and built like a tank.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
One of the main reasons I switched to Gravely was the customer support. Hands down the best in the industry. Bad dealers are everywhere and with every brand. Thats why so many shop the dealer and not the brand.
Yep! If oem parts were easy to get online most of us would forget the dealer.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Yep! If oem parts were easy to get online most of us would forget the dealer.
Yup, I can do 99% of my own work. I use arienspartsdirect.com. Parts show up on my door step in two days. The only things I have bought so far are sets of OEM blades.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Good for you!!! Let us know what you think. IMO the 400 series is one of if not the best machines made right now. Its the total package. Great cut, comfort, speed and built like a tank.
I think gravely should setup a demo with me on a 400 with kubota diesel to compare with with my kubota and a ferris 3100. It would be a fun day.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
I think gravely should setup a demo with me on a 400 with kubota diesel to compare with with my kubota and a ferris 3100. It would be a fun day.
That would be one hell of a day!!! I have a 3100 coming soon for a demo and review. Kubota is already one of my favorites!