Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-23-2013, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I will almost assuredly go Gravely for my next Z. I will need to demo it on my own yard first. I know if it cuts mine cleanly in one pass, it'll handle all the rest of my properties no problem. I take care of my yard as much as I can/time allows, and it is all fine fescue. Once it gets a few inches tall over HOC, it becomes a real bugger to cut clean in one pass. I really want to try the 460 out. It may even prompt me to sell mine and buy sooner than later LOL.

The Gravely dealer/salesman that Gravely set me up with last year for the Pro Stance demo is an good, helpful guy. I would be happy to do business with them/him.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I will almost assuredly go Gravely for my next Z. I will need to demo it on my own yard first. I know if it cuts mine cleanly in one pass, it'll handle all the rest of my properties no problem. I take care of my yard as much as I can/time allows, and it is all fine fescue. Once it gets a few inches tall over HOC, it becomes a real bugger to cut clean in one pass. I really want to try the 460 out. It may even prompt me to sell mine and buy sooner than later LOL.

The Gravely dealer/salesman that Gravely set me up with last year for the Pro Stance demo is an good, helpful guy. I would be happy to do business with them/him.
I think they should have a demo day for the LCO's in michigan. Bring everything they got and we can go out to the MSU gardens and try it out. Same with all the other mower companies.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gravely is a top notch company and I'll give kudos to my local dealer in Surfside Beach SC. Nothing but the best customer service. I'd love to see my local dealership get some loving from Gravely. If the rep is reading this 'I'll gladly supply the dealership name. PM me.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
I think they should have a demo day for the LCO's in michigan. Bring everything they got and we can go out to the MSU gardens and try it out. Same with all the other mower companies.
That would be great wouldn't it?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Sales rep for my area called me this afternoon> He is gonna call me back on Monday to set up a time for next week.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Gravely 472

Well guys it finally arrived, my "Mack daddy" 2013 472 with chrome rims, trailer hitch and soon to be stereo. I am trying to up load pictures and will post them once I figure it out. As I am sure everyone on here knows the 31 hp kawasaki is awesome, I was apprehensive if it was enought power with the 72 inch deck on it but wow! it doesn't even know there is a deck. I can tell you this thing is built tough, on my maiden mowing I unfortunately hit a brick that was laying in the grass, with my excitement on picking it up I decided to mow at dusk and forgot I left the brick I use under the trailer tounge laying out in the open rather than putting it up like I always do, go figure. With that being said the deck never even knew it hit something. I was told these things are built to withstand a lot of punishment and this proved it to me. Although this unit will never see commercial use it will give me and probably my children and grand children many years of use. I will post pictures soon.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Both Gravely dealers in my city are horrendous. I can see exactly why commercial guys in my city are not buying Gravely machines as often anymore. I see less and less of their machines everyday. Our 2 Toro dealers are off the wall horrendous as well. All the John Deere dealers in my neck of the woods are so stuck up and snobby, I would not recommend anyone visit their shops.
So that leaves us with finally a new Scag dealer. So far he has been honest, forthright and very easy to get along with. Now, if we could just cut out the middle man in the way of it all(the reps) life would be golden.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
After posting my recent experience at a nearby Gravely dealer (Here's my question thread) I was contacted by Gravely about the situation. Very impressed with Gravely taking the time to talk with me and trying to solve my frustrations. GMLC also said he would not be surprised if they did and he was right. They have stated that if I wanted to demo a 460 that they would set that up. The main reason I wanted to start this thread is I have read many times on LS that Gravely takes great pride in customer service and wanted to let everyone know that seems to be a true statement. It's a shame that the dealer does not put forth the same effort to take care of their customers. I do plan on taking the 460 for a spin and will give my opinion on it. Again thanks Gravely for going out of your way for the average Joe.
I hope your in a position to unload that big dog after your on that 460 seat all day. If not it's not gonna be fun having to get back on the big dog again. Lol.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Yup, I can do 99% of my own work. I use arienspartsdirect.com. Parts show up on my door step in two days. The only things I have bought so far are sets of OEM blades.
Will they let you do your own warranty exchange on parts?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
Will they let you do your own warranty exchange on parts?
They do that on my kubota. I could never afford the down time when I had a minor issue.