Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-27-2013, 07:41 PM
mowlifebaby mowlifebaby is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 14
ducnut, how many hours a week do you use your machine, in general?

total hours spent on it?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Roof Cleaning Virginia's Avatar
Roof Cleaning Virginia Roof Cleaning Virginia is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 133
We have multiple 5850 systems from Bob and they're great, but not for soft washing houses or pressure washing. For the latter, it's the highest GPM that you can afford that is the most profitable. JD makes great farm equipment, but I'd pass on their pressure washers. We run these from Bob http://pressuretek.com/bedr8gpm35ps.html but in a skid configuration.
For houses, it's the GPM at low pressure that makes them invaluable and profitable (ie fast). FYI - We do this for a living.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 PM
mowlifebaby mowlifebaby is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Cleaning Virginia View Post
We have multiple 5850 systems from Bob and they're great, but not for soft washing houses or pressure washing. For the latter, it's the highest GPM that you can afford that is the most profitable. JD makes great farm equipment, but I'd pass on their pressure washers. We run these from Bob http://pressuretek.com/bedr8gpm35ps.html but in a skid configuration.
For houses, it's the GPM at low pressure that makes them invaluable and profitable (ie fast). FYI - We do this for a living.
It would be a part time business, around 10h a week, could be less, could be more. I don't have that kind of money as of right now. It's something I would really be looking at if business is good money. I'm just looking at starter equipement.

I realise I can't softwash since my area of business would mainly be cleaning hardscapes. Overhere stains are mainly dirt, not like you guys in the USA with mold, mildew, and algae.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-28-2013, 08:08 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 4,733
You can soft wash anything
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-28-2013, 09:50 AM
ducnut ducnut is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: central IL
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowlifebaby View Post
ducnut, how many hours a week do you use your machine, in general?

total hours spent on it?
Oh heck, I'd figure ~100hrs per year. It's strictly a side deal for those who need it done and I happen to be there. In this area, contractors seem to be too busy to be bothered. I'll step up and do just about anything, for anyone.

RCV is way more knowledgeable than I.
__________________
1st Class Lawn Service

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-31-2013, 02:14 PM
mowlifebaby mowlifebaby is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 14
since most of the jobs I would get would probably be more into cleaning hardscapes (mostly pavers), decks, and patio. Would it be a better idea to get a good surface cleaner FIRST and than expand the business with a real good PW once I get more money?

EDIT: Oh I think I didn't get the part where you have to connect the surface cleaner to a PW... lol.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 AM
ducnut ducnut is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: central IL
Posts: 1,076
I think you should just look into what we've talked about before. I think you're being optimistic on how many hours you're going to be getting right off the bat. What you make off the first ~4-5 jobs will pay for a ~$700 machine. Everything else will just about be pure profit, after that. By that time, you'll see exactly what you will need and work for you. It's hard to beat the versatility of a decent pressure washer and a set of tips. It'll do everything you've mentioned you want to do. It may not last a number of years, though. But, the more expensive stuff may not, either. You'll just have to get out there and try it.
__________________
1st Class Lawn Service

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-01-2013, 09:48 AM
mowlifebaby mowlifebaby is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
I think you should just look into what we've talked about before. I think you're being optimistic on how many hours you're going to be getting right off the bat. What you make off the first ~4-5 jobs will pay for a ~$700 machine. Everything else will just about be pure profit, after that. By that time, you'll see exactly what you will need and work for you. It's hard to beat the versatility of a decent pressure washer and a set of tips. It'll do everything you've mentioned you want to do. It may not last a number of years, though. But, the more expensive stuff may not, either. You'll just have to get out there and try it.
That might be the wisest decision to make as of right now I guess.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.

Page generated in 0.06881 seconds with 7 queries