Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-25-2013, 06:47 PM
GrassGuerilla GrassGuerilla is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Louis Missouri
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by austins35 View Post
more of a figure of speech Most machines are as good as there owners maintain them (most)

I will readily agree Redmax, and Shindaiwa make great blowers.
Pretty much what I thought. Compare the number of moving parts in the two and get back to me. I'm not bashing Stihl, just that the Kaw is a simpler design. Simple is good.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-25-2013, 07:09 PM
austins35 austins35 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Trampsterdamn
Posts: 90
I have three BR420 mag's that are just over 22 years old (I bought them new, original cylinders and pistons) they still run like they hate the world check that an get back to me lol
__________________
HT131, FS80 (4), FS85 (3), FS90R (2), FS110R (3), FS130R (2), FS250 one bike, one loop, FS550 ("aka the Beast"), HL110k (2), FC110 (2), BR420 mag (3), BR600 Mag blowers (3) , 192T (2), 200T (1), MS290, MS261 (2), 660 a beast
880 more saw than anyone in Florida prob needs
Dolmar 7900
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-25-2013, 07:16 PM
GrassGuerilla GrassGuerilla is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Louis Missouri
Posts: 1,410
Br420 is a whole nother critter. Simple. Simple is good.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-25-2013, 07:21 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,018
Bought a Sthil BR 600 this spring. Happy enough a buy another one.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by austins35 View Post
I have three BR420 mag's that are just over 22 years old (I bought them new, original cylinders and pistons) they still run like they hate the world check that an get back to me lol
According to Stihl, they introduced the BR320 and BR400 24 years ago (1989), and I know the 420's didn't come out only two years after that, so your 420's can't be 22 years old. Are you sure they're 420's and not 400's?

http://www.stihlusa.com/information/...rate-timeline/
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-26-2013, 12:17 AM
WayneJessie WayneJessie is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 124
I really love my RedMax 7500.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-26-2013, 12:44 PM
austins35 austins35 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Trampsterdamn
Posts: 90
I'm quite sure if you like to debate the issue

PM me otherwise let's keep this thread on topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
According to Stihl, they introduced the BR320 and BR400 24 years ago (1989), and I know the 420's didn't come out only two years after that, so your 420's can't be 22 years old. Are you sure they're 420's and not 400's?

http://www.stihlusa.com/information/...rate-timeline/
__________________
HT131, FS80 (4), FS85 (3), FS90R (2), FS110R (3), FS130R (2), FS250 one bike, one loop, FS550 ("aka the Beast"), HL110k (2), FC110 (2), BR420 mag (3), BR600 Mag blowers (3) , 192T (2), 200T (1), MS290, MS261 (2), 660 a beast
880 more saw than anyone in Florida prob needs
Dolmar 7900
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by austins35 View Post
I'm quite sure if you like to debate the issue

PM me otherwise let's keep this thread on topic
No need to go to PM. If you (or anyone, including me) post(s) information here that may be incorrect, then this is the place to address it and correct it. You may be correct, however, it doesn't seem so going by Stihl's info.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-26-2013, 01:00 PM
austins35 austins35 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Trampsterdamn
Posts: 90
ok whatever you say apparently you know everything either way I could care less your a non issue for me carry on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
No need to go to PM. If you (or anyone, including me) post(s) information here that may be incorrect, then this is the place to address it and correct it.
__________________
HT131, FS80 (4), FS85 (3), FS90R (2), FS110R (3), FS130R (2), FS250 one bike, one loop, FS550 ("aka the Beast"), HL110k (2), FC110 (2), BR420 mag (3), BR600 Mag blowers (3) , 192T (2), 200T (1), MS290, MS261 (2), 660 a beast
880 more saw than anyone in Florida prob needs
Dolmar 7900
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by austins35 View Post
ok whatever you say apparently you know everything either way I could care less your a non issue for me carry on
No need to be a jerk dude. I just asked a simple question because your statements about having a 22 year old 420 seems unlikely at this point.

No, I don't know everything. That's why I asked if you were sure. It is also why I asked Stihl directly when the 420 came out. If they tell me that you were right, I'll gladly say so here. The only way to learn anything is to ask and pay attention.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Page generated in 0.07575 seconds with 7 queries