Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2013, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Used scag proV 36" worth

Dealer has a unit with about 40 hours on it. Two different lawn services owned it and finally ended up at dealer. The biggest problem was with those operator present sensors. It was the kind used on motorcycle, then changed to something else It has been sitting outside for two years.
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

wow this model must have been a big looser
Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This seems like big loser. The price I wwill bid is going down. I figured I could gigger the operator presence device?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Depends which model year it actually is. The Pro-V is discontinued at this point.
We have had 3 of the 36 inch models with the advantage deck. Just sold one to my nephew last week. It had gotten the upgraded wires for the operator presence sensors as we didn't want the other style controls they came up with. All 3 of the machines also received the hydro updates also. So far we haven't had any other issues with them really. Keep them clean and change oil etc. The 2 units we have left have 900 plus hours on them.

The advantage deck actually leave a fabulous cut in our northern grasses. Have not had any real issues with clumping either. We also don't use them to mow massively overgrown grass. They are finish grass mowers.

Apparently the dealer can't give it away. He has already made his money on it. I can't see from the pic which controls it has on it. We prefer the bar with grip sensors. Make an offer. Start at 1500.00 and work your barter magic.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It has the bicycle handles. Both of the companies that had it brought it back and wanted their money.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes then it has the original handles on it meant for the machine. Grab the bar and go. Push down on the bars u go forward, pull up and you go backwards. You get the picture. Well since it has been sitting 2(TWO) years(gasp), ask them to sharpen the blades and change the oil..maybe even the hydro oil and take it for like a week to test it out. Make sure you keep the tires quite under-inflated so as to give it more squat and more contact patch to work with. Then set the deck accordingly(that's the easiest part on this machine).

It looks like you're in Texas so therefore we cut totally different types of grass. On rye, fescue and bluegrass the machine works excellent.

If you do indeed get used to it and want it in your arsenal, start your barter!