Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-25-2013, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Member

anyone using Punch landscape design software?

I have Punch Landscape/ deck/ patio software and it's pretty cool for the price. However, there are a few things I can't seem to be able to do with it. Need some advice from someone else who maybe knows it better.

Photos- I'd like to be able to take a photo of a bare flowerbed, or whatever, and then add plants, rocks, mulch to it, and then be able to save the photo, with the new design on it, as something that can be emailed or printed. I can import photos, but can't actually 'build' the design onto them, only around them. Need to have a nice 3D rendering that I can give my customers.

Any help would be great.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone? thanks
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Punch sucks. I couldn't do anything I wanted with that program. Too complex. Try realtime landscape photo. Way easy and affordable. I wish I had an affiliate program from them so I can earn some commissions for as many times I've recommended them.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree with Realtime Landingscaping Pro by Idea Spectrum. I have been using it for a month and the learning curve is not to steep. I am going to upgrade to Landscape Architect here real soon.

Here is their website:
http://www.ideaspectrum.com/arch_overview.php
Old 09-12-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Punch 3D landscape & outdoor living

Yes, I used to use PUNCH 3D Landscape & Outdoor Living
It was actually really ahead of it's time in my opinion.
Only issue that I had with it was after too many plants/objects were inserted on the picture you imported as the area to be landscaped.. it would freeze up and crash the entire project unless you'd saved it at the right time.
To answer your question, yes. I've used it and found it to be really simple personally, but there are other 3D design programs that are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeklandscaping View Post
Anyone? thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

We've used a few different programs, but with 3D design concepts we've had the best success with Viz Terra. They offer a subscription based program that you pay monthly for (no contract term). We have downloaded the trail of Realtime but haven't had the time to work with it, but with what I keep hearing it's a good program too. We have just been pretty happy VizTerra so far. The big thing is the free training classes that they offer for the different features of the program. They have two instructors that do screen sharing style classes. After sticking with it for a while and taking all the classes it's paying off. Here's a job that we are starting later this week that I feel Viz Terra played a huge roll in us getting the project....Attachment 278741
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I looked into Realtime- looks nice. I need something basic- I'm not a landscape architect, I'm a landscape installer, but I still want to something to wow my clients and let them see what the area is going to look like. Out of the Realtime options, what is the best one to get, do you think?
That viz terra screenshot is real nice too, just not too keen on a subscription-based program.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The photo one lets you impose plants over the pictures of your landscapes only, but the architect is where you can create some of your own designs. Doesn't mean you have to be an architect it's great for just designing. They should have a price break when you buy both. If you just have to choose one you would have to figure what you would be doing more of. Small jobs for certain areas to give an idea, the photo is good. But if you want more accurate plans drawn to scale then architect is better.

Both are easy to learn but you can get caught up for hours figuring things out. I'm working on a plan now that I spent way more time than I know I will be paid for, but I enjoy it so I don't care.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

realtime landscape architect,best program i have tried and use on a regular basis.

the program sells the jobs and get customers interested when looking at your adds with the pictures from it in there.

try it take some time to learn, online they have tuts to show you and you will be surprised with the stuff you can do, you can create custom models in sketch up then import them into the program. or you can even use already made sketchup designs others have done to put in the design to so the finished products, like unilock and other companies.

you can import a site plan and put the dimensions in and have a working site plan to design to. you can use the photo version to do what you asked above as well.

Hardscaping and landscaping pictures as well as our services.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscaping View Post
realtime landscape architect,best program i have tried and use on a regular basis.

the program sells the jobs and get customers interested when looking at your adds with the pictures from it in there.

try it take some time to learn, online they have tuts to show you and you will be surprised with the stuff you can do, you can create custom models in sketch up then import them into the program. or you can even use already made sketchup designs others have done to put in the design to so the finished products, like unilock and other companies.

you can import a site plan and put the dimensions in and have a working site plan to design to. you can use the photo version to do what you asked above as well.

English please.