Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2003, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How are Nextel phones??

Right now my cell phone service is fine. I have two phones. I have one and my wife the other. She calls me through out the day with messages. This system works fine. But from what I understand about the Nextel phones, the two radio is a better way to go. Any thoughts from anyone. To get Nextel service I will pay about $25.00 more per month than I pay now, but that cost of having the two way is o.k. with me.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 nextels I love the radio around here you cant hardly do business without one!However the phone service sucks if you leave town and they are expensive.I wish another company could offer the radio,that way the price would come down and they could swap towers.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We use Nextel. 2 way is a fast efficient way of communicating to your base, subs, vendors, etc. The cellular service needs some work, drops calls a lot.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have any problems with Nextel in my area. It works great!
www.hrbuyersandsellers.com
WE BUY HOUSES
Old 03-03-2003, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Re: How are Nextel phones??

Quote:
Originally posted by ffshuter
Right now my cell phone service is fine. I have two phones. I have one and my wife the other. She calls me through out the day with messages. This system works fine. But from what I understand about the Nextel phones, the two radio is a better way to go. Any thoughts from anyone. To get Nextel service I will pay about $25.00 more per month than I pay now, but that cost of having the two way is o.k. with me.
What would paying $25.00 more a month get you? It sounds like I am in a similar situation as you. My cell service is fine, has great coverage for my area, and is substantially less expensive than Nextel. With all the free minutes I have every month, I have never gone over them and had to pay for calls.

The way I am set up now, I just don't see any benefit to paying extra for Nextel.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Member

In my area Nextel is the only way to go; At&t is horrible, Verizon is worse. We love our Nextels.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Verizon is supposed to have 2-way radio service by the end of the year. I 've been using Nextel for almost 3 years and I think the 2-way is great but coverage isn't as good as other wireless companies. The 2-way service is also going nationwide.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nextel is great around here. I switched from Cingular about 5 months ago. One word of warning, however...they do not mix with water well. I was doing a mulch job about a week ago. After emptying the wheelbarrow of a load I was backing up down this narrow path...I didn't see the in-ground hot tub.

Fortunately, the only things that were hurt were my pride and my Nextel phone...guess it was time for an upgrade.

Last edited by rkbrown; 03-03-2003 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Millenium Member

LOve mine, I have free incoming, voice mail, call ID, .... and 600 minutes for $49. The NExtel phones also allow you to have a second number in the same phone if you wish, a 2 line cell phone if you would need it.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Member

yea...

Everyone I know owns one and every worker I know neeeeeds one. Service around here is great, phones range in price, with the flip phones being more. They have construction grade phones if your the type to drop them all the time but either way you go, direct connect will keep your bill down too if your a talker!
Good luck!