Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-27-2013, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Kubota with cab

I am trying to rationalize a Kubota B3030 with 72" belly mower. Cab with A/C.

I have a ZD326 and only 3 acres, but have been asked to maintain outfield at an adjacent baseball field (and I can drag the infield with it-ha!)

Any experience with the belly mowers? Good platform? Cab "worth" it?

The appeal is being able to do work after dark some also. Plus the 3 point hitch- plus I just want one.....ha!

ZD326
Old 09-27-2013, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Anything kubota is gonna be built to exceed any standards the guy that I work with has one an loves it he mowes and has a scrape blade for it an uses it once a week to mow 5 acres the ac is nice also
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We upgraded to a B2920 from a BX2360 this past June. It's got the 60" deck and the is just as good as our Exmark ZTRs.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Once you have a cab you will never want to go back
Old 09-27-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Once you have a cab you will never want to go back
Bingo. Nothing like bushhogging in a pouring rain nice and dry with the radio on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2013, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

or 100 degrees and 90 percent humidity with the AC on . Or being able to breath at the end of the day since you haven't been sucking dust all day
Old 09-27-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a zd326 that got hijacked by my dad- and i got so busy that i pay 4 guys to mow now. ha! I have to convince the missus that "this is what we need' for the children..AHHAHAHA - but it will give me a chance to get back outside and mow instead of spending so much every month. It is a 2008 with only 300 hours- only thing is that makes me nervous is the guy 'does his own maintenance'- and i am a maint. freak. I let dealer do most and 'triple make sure' all is running 100%. I keep my machines clean- even armor all on the tires every now and then. It does not come with any implements- but I am sure thinking about it. I need more time and more excuse to justify it.

ZD326
Old 09-28-2013, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Performing the pm on a kubota tractor is not difficult at all. Paying the dealer to perform routine pm is crazy!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn king View Post
Performing the pm on a kubota tractor is not difficult at all. Paying the dealer to perform routine pm is crazy!
Amen! I let the dealer do the 50 hour service on the BX and it was over $300.00. Needless to say they didn't do it on the B.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a used B3030 w/o cab with 1600 hours. I "upgraded" from a Kioti 1914. To be honest, I'm not terribly impressed with the kubota. The body parts all feel cheap to me, the 4x4 and rear diff lock binds up easily, it doesn't shift between the three ranges very smoothly, the 3pt hitch doesn't have as much travel as I'm used to and the loader is underpowered. I'm not saying it's not capable though. I used it today to bush hog about an acre on a steep hill and the 30hp is noticeably more then the Kioti 20hp machine I'm selling. I also like the hydro transmission over the shuttle shift when using the loader and mowing, but the Kubota's trans makes a hell of a whine. The B3030 also lacks weight. My Kioti is about the same weight maybe more even without a loader and it pulls much better and has much better traction. The 3030 has the power, but all it does is spin the tires. I wish I would have shopped around more but the B3030 got great reviews and met all my specs I wanted. FWIW, I expected more from the Kubota name. My Kioti feels much more solid and the Kioti's are a heck of a lot cheaper. I'd also consider a New Holand. I'm planning to unload the B3030 and look for something with better quality.