Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
Pass on it if all you can get is $60.00 an hr when only trimming. That's hard non stop physical labor. Pick up a few more accounts and sweat 1/2 as much for more $$$ then you'll make there.
I kinda agree with this, you could cut 10 small $40 yards and not kill yourself for the same money.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

It's more about getting my foot in the door with doing there other property's. I know it's going to be hard work. But if I can get the other property's they own were talking 5 k a week In just there stuff. The owner told me today there looking to replace the other lco because lack of details and I was referred to them. I got the impression when I was there that this was just a tester. But they could be full of crap and the other lco didn't wanna touch it cause its hard work.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Economy's looking up if your passing on $1/minute string trimming. Did a similar job 15 acre horse farm. Trimming fences and along the entrance. Took 4hours the first time, then whittled it down to 1.5ish. I was happy to be making decent coin to run a cheap tool.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Economy's looking up if your passing on $1/minute string trimming. Did a similar job 15 acre horse farm. Trimming fences and along the entrance. Took 4hours the first time, then whittled it down to 1.5ish. I was happy to be making decent coin to run a cheap tool.
If you don't mind me asking what did you charged for this. I have a swisher trimmer 22". Along with echo 265s. I really feel I can get it done in about 4 hours now looking over how much there really is to do.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Double post. Sorry.

It's too dang easy to accidently hit the post on the mobile version.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bid it at $195. Charged that the first two visits. Dropped it to $175. Place was 40 minutes from any of my other jobs. He pays his nephew to do it now. I'm still happy to fill in as needed. With an agreement for regular service, I could make money at $160.

This was also the job that inspired (and paid for my fs250). Worth every penny.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Weed eating jobs

My wife and I finally purchased a Gravely trimmer mower to do foreclosed homes. Could you rent one to do this type of work? If you get the jobs and use your string trimmers pick up a harness of some type. Good luck.....
Old 08-28-2013, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbuckhunter View Post
Never had to bid on a weed eating job before. I think it will be a good chance to get my foot in the door with these people. Long story short they own a crap ton of rental property's and a few business uptown. How long do you think it will take to weed eat all the red areas. There all fence lines and allot of post to weed around. Some of the area along the woods I can mow but still have to weed eat.

Thought on how long it would take you to do it. And curious on what u would charge.

I charge $75 an hour on misc. jobs with a 15 minute minimum on this job I would have to charge $90 per hour simply for the fact that holding a trimmer for a long period of time will take a toll on your back. Not to mention the number of trips you will have to take to get more string and gas refills. Although you could carry 4 things of string on you but still you could make the same money in a day cutting 10-12 yards in a day only charging $60-$90 too. Just use good judgment when bidding on something like this because in the end you aren't going to listen to what we have to say. You will do what you want and get a new grasp on how to bid properly.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
That's what I'm having a problem with. The time I feel is needed is 6-8 hour of trimming. At 60$ a hour. I thought about throwing the bid out at 400$. I don't wanna lose money but I want my foot n the door to get in with these people.
Way too much time to trim 11 acres. I agree with the others 45 min to 2 hours depending on how tall the trimming is.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Never had to bid on a weed eating job before. I think it will be a good chance to get my foot in the door with these people. Long story short they own a crap ton of rental property's and a few business uptown. How long do you think it will take to weed eat all the red areas. There all fence lines and allot of post to weed around. Some of the area along the woods I can mow but still have to weed eat.

Thought on how long it would take you to do it. And curious on what u would charge.
You can eat all the weeds you want but I would use a line trimmer to do the job!