Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Google plus

You guys got any advice on advancing a google plus page up the
Ranks? My website usually pops on google very well but google plus page sucks. Any advice would be great thanks.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tough question to answer...

First- is your G+ a local business page? Is it linked to your website, verified, and merged?

If the answers to above are 'Yes', then you can start looking at optimizing the listing, building citations, and creating local signals to get it ranking in the local 7 pack results.

If any of this is confusing (it's taken me months to figure out) I would suggest checking out the archives of Mike Blumenthal's blog and the forum over at Catalyst E Marketing. Then circle Mark Traphagan of Virante Marketing on G+. That should get you started!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headz77 View Post
Tough question to answer...

First- is your G+ a local business page? Is it linked to your website, verified, and merged?

If the answers to above are 'Yes', then you can start looking at optimizing the listing, building citations, and creating local signals to get it ranking in the local 7 pack results.

If any of this is confusing (it's taken me months to figure out) I would suggest checking out the archives of Mike Blumenthal's blog and the forum over at Catalyst E Marketing. Then circle Mark Traphagan of Virante Marketing on G+. That should get you started!
I am just starting to become more familiar with any effectiveness of Google Plus ...

My main gripe, is that where "content is king" used to reign once, just as things evolved to where we are at today, then Google Plus and whatever other bandwagon Google is trying to steer people to this season, will evidently get trashed down the road.

It's too bad that website owners can't merely focus on an accurate and abundant content ... and leave it with that important essential.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 01-24-2014, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
... Google Plus and whatever other bandwagon Google is trying to steer people to this season...
It's Google's world, we just live in it.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headz77 View Post
It's Google's world, we just live in it.
Only partly.

I'm aware of several company owners I know, now ditching fighting for online rankings, and going back to the proven old-school tools like mailings, etc..

Direct, and targeting exactly the areas they want to service.

I think online is really a great way to network. As long as people are realistic that once it becomes saturated, they have to be realistic about what they can or can't accomplish.

Anyway, I'm going to experiment with options like Google Plus that don't cost me anything, and see what it affects.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 01-25-2014, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Do you mean the local business listings when you search Google? Google Place for Business: https://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/ ?

Google went and caused confusion when they decided to merge Places into Ggoogle+.