Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:37 PM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,027
Buy a Kohler...it prolly won't break.....
But ...if it does...you won't have to look far to get it fixed...
__________________
If You Have All The Answers...Except The One You Need...You're Not Trying Hard Enough...
Do The Work
  #42  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in AL View Post
Realslowww,

Pardon my French if I sound like an a$$ here, but you really need to stop going by what you "hear" and gather some facts BEFORE you spend your money!

First of all, you already said there wasn't any Authorized Generac Dealer near you... Again, you will need parts and possibly service at some point!

You say that you talked to Mr. Wolf and HE said there is a 3 year Warranty, and no Warranty if you get the modded engine... I completely agree with the second part of that where there is NO Warranty on the modded engine... However, I disagree about the 3 year Warranty... See attached Warranty Statement From Generac... Hell, I can tell you it has a 5 year Warranty if you buy it from me... That would suck 2.5 years down the road you find you only really had a 2 year Warranty, wouldn't it?

You said that you like talking to this guy because if there are any problems he sees them... AND...He build them so he knows the motors... AND... Like I posted the guy on Ebay was by far the most well informed and he says it is a great product.
So by that I assume that you feel that us people here that have given you our time, input and opinions are chopped liver and don't know what we are talking about?

Like I said earlier, I don't care if you buy a Generac engine or not, it's your money!

But, like you said earlier yourself, it is better to be safe than sorry...
I think you should heed your own advice and be safe to get a brand that you can have serviced and have parts available locally, than to be sorry and spend money on something that you cannot!

Just my 2 cents...
There is a difference by talking to somebody at length for a half hour on the phone about the 100's of them they have sold as compared to a few paragraph post's on the net.

With the net today I find a dealer good for warranty claims but most of the time I can get the stuff shipped to me the same day and get going easier rather than going to the dealer.

I may have forgotten what the warranty was.

The economy is becoming so efficient { unless it's GOV} it really is hard to make it in retail sales. As to weather the whole system will collapse because of this it may.
  #43  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Buy a Kohler...it prolly won't break.....
But ...if it does...you won't have to look far to get it fixed...
I here people complain about Kohlers but I like them, my biggest complaint is weak power curve on CARB models.
  #44  
Old 09-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Jeff in AL's Avatar
Jeff in AL Jeff in AL is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Alabama
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Buy a Kohler...it prolly won't break.....
But ...if it does...you won't have to look far to get it fixed...
Very true, any real dealer should already stock the usual gaskets and the latest MDI coil kits!
__________________
Jeff in AL

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!
  #45  
Old 09-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Jeff in AL's Avatar
Jeff in AL Jeff in AL is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Alabama
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
There is a difference by talking to somebody at length for a half hour on the phone about the 100's of them they have sold as compared to a few paragraph post's on the net.

With the net today I find a dealer good for warranty claims but most of the time I can get the stuff shipped to me the same day and get going easier rather than going to the dealer.

I may have forgotten what the warranty was.

The economy is becoming so efficient { unless it's GOV} it really is hard to make it in retail sales. As to weather the whole system will collapse because of this it may.

This thread is reminding me of the State Farm commercial with the woman who says:

Where did you hear that?
The Internet.
And you believed it?
Yeah. They can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true.
Where did you hear that?
The Internet.
Oh Look, here comes my date. I met him on the internet. He's a french model.


Realslowww,
I have said all I can say, and tried to help you as best as possible up to this point... I wish you the best with the decision you decide to make and hope it all works out!

Jeff
__________________
Jeff in AL

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!
  #46  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
You have only made 53 post's since 2000? why post now?

The net is where it is at, all you have to do is research a little. I don't know what you are talking about, all the info I got on these engines has been by talking to dealers who sell them and people on the phone. The net has nothing to do with it.
  #47  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Jeff in AL's Avatar
Jeff in AL Jeff in AL is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Alabama
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
You have only made 53 post's since 2000? why post now?

The net is where it is at, all you have to do is research a little. I don't know what you are talking about, all the info I got on these engines has been by talking to dealers who sell them and people on the phone. The net has nothing to do with it.

Realslowww,

First off, I'm not sure what my "53 posts since 2000" have to do with anything?
Are you suggesting that I should be like you and post the same questions over and over then say to anyone who comments "well, I heard this" or "I heard from this guy" and disregard what anyone says, just to get my post count number up 1048 like you?

Now, correct me if I am wrong here, but wasn't it YOU that started this thread "Big Generacs throwing Rods ? I heard some of the big 990 Generacs are known to have rod problems, any help on this ? would be great."

So lets review so far, YOU asked a question, to which I gave you MY opinion as well as what my customers have said about the Generac engines and the probles I have seen... Why have I done this, to help you! On top of that, there have been many others to comment on the Generac engines... To which you have replied approx. 12 times just in this thread alone on what you have "heard" from someone else!

I have read through A LOT of your threads/posts, I can't believe you only have 1048, but it seems like you have a pattern of b!tching about pretty much anything and everything... Then when things quiet down you ask again?

I'm not exactly sure how else I can tell you this, but I will try one more time!
I have tried to help you by giving you my opinion to your question... Take it or leave it... It is your money, do what you want with it... Best of luck to you!!!

Since my secret decoder ring appears to be broken, can you please explain what the he!! the last part of your reply says?

I ask this because, well, I don't understand it?
You say "The net is where it is at"...then... "The net has nothing to do with it"
So, which is it?

Then in the middle part it is also a bit shady when you said "All the info I got on these engines has been by talking to dealers who sell them and people on the phone"
But you have said prior that you didn't have any dealers near you? And that you talked to Mr. Wolf a few months ago... No mention of the info you got from the people here on LS though...


At this point with everything you have heard and done, I would have figured you would have built the worlds best, toughest, fastest, most durable mower/engine combo!
__________________
Jeff in AL

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!
  #48  
Old 09-03-2013, 06:59 AM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in AL View Post
Realslowww,

First off, I'm not sure what my "53 posts since 2000" have to do with anything?
Are you suggesting that I should be like you and post the same questions over and over then say to anyone who comments "well, I heard this" or "I heard from this guy" and disregard what anyone says, just to get my post count number up 1048 like you?

Now, correct me if I am wrong here, but wasn't it YOU that started this thread "Big Generacs throwing Rods ? I heard some of the big 990 Generacs are known to have rod problems, any help on this ? would be great."

So lets review so far, YOU asked a question, to which I gave you MY opinion as well as what my customers have said about the Generac engines and the probles I have seen... Why have I done this, to help you! On top of that, there have been many others to comment on the Generac engines... To which you have replied approx. 12 times just in this thread alone on what you have "heard" from someone else!

I have read through A LOT of your threads/posts, I can't believe you only have 1048, but it seems like you have a pattern of b!tching about pretty much anything and everything... Then when things quiet down you ask again?

I'm not exactly sure how else I can tell you this, but I will try one more time!
I have tried to help you by giving you my opinion to your question... Take it or leave it... It is your money, do what you want with it... Best of luck to you!!!

Since my secret decoder ring appears to be broken, can you please explain what the he!! the last part of your reply says?

I ask this because, well, I don't understand it?
You say "The net is where it is at"...then... "The net has nothing to do with it"
So, which is it?

Then in the middle part it is also a bit shady when you said "All the info I got on these engines has been by talking to dealers who sell them and people on the phone"
But you have said prior that you didn't have any dealers near you? And that you talked to Mr. Wolf a few months ago... No mention of the info you got from the people here on LS though...


At this point with everything you have heard and done, I would have figured you would have built the worlds best, toughest, fastest, most durable mower/engine combo!
Ditto....dittto....ditto....ditto....
There's a few of these posters with nothing to offer but complaints...
Don't let him ruin your day....thanx for your good solid advice over the years...

Ya know....if he bought a kohler he wouldn't have anything to complain about.....
__________________
If You Have All The Answers...Except The One You Need...You're Not Trying Hard Enough...
Do The Work
  #49  
Old 09-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
I am just curious as to why you posted on my thread that is all.

The net is where it is at to get hooked up with people to make purchases and knowledge, you can contact people through the net then meet face to face or phone, I can learn alot more by talking on the phone about who I am dealing with as compared to a computer key board.

Before I fork out 2000 $ for a new motor I want the info on it so I probe and probe, I never go by what I read on the net for a final decision, I always talk to people over the phone and face to face, the info on the net is fine from you and I appreciate it.

I have never owned a Generac so I want to know about them. Just because I have no local dealers at the moment does not mean I have not talked to people about them over the years, I demoed a Dixie that had one and found it had great power for the rating way better than my Kohler's.

I appreciate your help, Thanks.

Last edited by Realslowww; 09-03-2013 at 01:17 PM.
  #50  
Old 09-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
All this jibberish back and forth on the net can be taken care of on the phone in a short conversation.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.07347 seconds with 8 queries