Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is a ton of misinformation in this thread. As stated I've owned 16 of them over the years. Thousands of hours and NO catastrophic failures. There is a propane model on the side of my house right now. If your a tech sure you're only going to see them when they're broke. What about the other 99.9% that are running flawlessly right now. Every toll booth in this area runs a Generac. Any engine is usually only as good as the care it gets.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
All this jibberish back and forth on the net can be taken care of on the phone in a short conversation.
Glad you finally figgered that out...
Apparently you are looking for opinions...the other forums are full of them...
On the Mechanics forum we try to stick to the facts...
Many certified techs take time out of our busy schedules to attempt to help real people with real problems..We don't get compensated for our generosity...though courtesy and respect are to be expected...trashing a technician for trying to help will not be tolerated..

If you geat a real engine...with a real problem...feel free to post it....
Who knows....
Old 09-03-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
There is a ton of misinformation in this thread. As stated I've owned 16 of them over the years. Thousands of hours and NO catastrophic failures. There is a propane model on the side of my house right now. If your a tech sure you're only going to see them when they're broke. What about the other 99.9% that are running flawlessly right now. Every toll booth in this area runs a Generac. Any engine is usually only as good as the care it gets.
You're right again...as usual....
Though I really derive so much pleasure calling Generacs...Junkeracs....and Scags...Scuds...
It gives us something to talk about at the annual Kohler update schools....
Old 09-03-2013, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not attacking anybody here and I appreciate the help. I have never owned one that is all and it makes the most sense to repower with the Generac.

It came to my attention as well as through a few dealers they had seen a few blow rods. One Generac dealer told me they consistantly got the most hours out of Kaws but added the BB Kaws have had issues.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I am not attacking anybody here and I appreciate the help. I have never owned one that is all and it makes the most sense to repower with the Generac.

It came to my attention as well as through a few dealers they had seen a few blow rods. One Generac dealer told me they consistantly got the most hours out of Kaws but added the BB Kaws have had issues.
Don't let the naysayers or should I the never owners sway your decision. Whatever you get, take care of it per the factory, run quality oils and it will last you a long time.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just called the Bobcat dealer in the next town over and they told me they have been waiting for a alternator for a motor on a Bobcat since 0ctober of 2012 and said they no longer recommend the Genny for this reason.

They said they like the product but getting parts have been a problem, any input is welcome.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This ain't never gonna end..................is it??????? W.T.F.?

......AMF!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to research if there is a problem, I am going to call Bobcat. I have heard parts can be a problem, if people can get what they want in 2 days that is great but this Bobcat dealer is having a problem and she they said the distributor they get the parts from was not the problem and the Gen factory was.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Just called the Bobcat dealer in the next town over and they told me they have been waiting for a alternator for a motor on a Bobcat since 0ctober of 2012 and said they no longer recommend the Genny for this reason.

They said they like the product but getting parts have been a problem, any input is welcome.
Somerhing fishy. Most bolt on parts are universal off the shelf iyems. Worst case I knoe several shops in Tampa that reconfiton any alternator, starter or generator you bring them. They all take easily soutced bearings includine overr size
Old 09-03-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
This ain't never gonna end..................is it??????? W.T.F.?
Hmmmm........real slow.????.....perhaps......
The guy doesn't even have a mower.....

What a waste of monitor ink...
Closed Thread