Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,685
There is a ton of misinformation in this thread. As stated I've owned 16 of them over the years. Thousands of hours and NO catastrophic failures. There is a propane model on the side of my house right now. If your a tech sure you're only going to see them when they're broke. What about the other 99.9% that are running flawlessly right now. Every toll booth in this area runs a Generac. Any engine is usually only as good as the care it gets.
  #52  
Old 09-03-2013, 02:36 PM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
All this jibberish back and forth on the net can be taken care of on the phone in a short conversation.
Glad you finally figgered that out...
Apparently you are looking for opinions...the other forums are full of them...
On the Mechanics forum we try to stick to the facts...
Many certified techs take time out of our busy schedules to attempt to help real people with real problems..We don't get compensated for our generosity...though courtesy and respect are to be expected...trashing a technician for trying to help will not be tolerated..

If you geat a real engine...with a real problem...feel free to post it....
Who knows....
__________________
If You Have All The Answers...Except The One You Need...You're Not Trying Hard Enough...
Do The Work
  #53  
Old 09-03-2013, 02:44 PM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
There is a ton of misinformation in this thread. As stated I've owned 16 of them over the years. Thousands of hours and NO catastrophic failures. There is a propane model on the side of my house right now. If your a tech sure you're only going to see them when they're broke. What about the other 99.9% that are running flawlessly right now. Every toll booth in this area runs a Generac. Any engine is usually only as good as the care it gets.
You're right again...as usual....
Though I really derive so much pleasure calling Generacs...Junkeracs....and Scags...Scuds...
It gives us something to talk about at the annual Kohler update schools....
__________________
If You Have All The Answers...Except The One You Need...You're Not Trying Hard Enough...
Do The Work
  #54  
Old 09-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
I am not attacking anybody here and I appreciate the help. I have never owned one that is all and it makes the most sense to repower with the Generac.

It came to my attention as well as through a few dealers they had seen a few blow rods. One Generac dealer told me they consistantly got the most hours out of Kaws but added the BB Kaws have had issues.
  #55  
Old 09-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I am not attacking anybody here and I appreciate the help. I have never owned one that is all and it makes the most sense to repower with the Generac.

It came to my attention as well as through a few dealers they had seen a few blow rods. One Generac dealer told me they consistantly got the most hours out of Kaws but added the BB Kaws have had issues.
Don't let the naysayers or should I the never owners sway your decision. Whatever you get, take care of it per the factory, run quality oils and it will last you a long time.
  #56  
Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Just called the Bobcat dealer in the next town over and they told me they have been waiting for a alternator for a motor on a Bobcat since 0ctober of 2012 and said they no longer recommend the Genny for this reason.

They said they like the product but getting parts have been a problem, any input is welcome.
  #57  
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM
BigFish's Avatar
BigFish BigFish is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chesapeake, va
Posts: 1,656
This ain't never gonna end..................is it??????? W.T.F.?
__________________
" But let me tell you something ,folks: You can't fix stupid! There's not a pill you can take, there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever!"

......AMF!
  #58  
Old 09-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
I am going to research if there is a problem, I am going to call Bobcat. I have heard parts can be a problem, if people can get what they want in 2 days that is great but this Bobcat dealer is having a problem and she they said the distributor they get the parts from was not the problem and the Gen factory was.
  #59  
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Just called the Bobcat dealer in the next town over and they told me they have been waiting for a alternator for a motor on a Bobcat since 0ctober of 2012 and said they no longer recommend the Genny for this reason.

They said they like the product but getting parts have been a problem, any input is welcome.
Somerhing fishy. Most bolt on parts are universal off the shelf iyems. Worst case I knoe several shops in Tampa that reconfiton any alternator, starter or generator you bring them. They all take easily soutced bearings includine overr size
  #60  
Old 09-03-2013, 07:06 PM
joe billy joe billy is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: gulf coast
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
This ain't never gonna end..................is it??????? W.T.F.?
Hmmmm........real slow.????.....perhaps......
The guy doesn't even have a mower.....

What a waste of monitor ink...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.08961 seconds with 8 queries