Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I enjoy a healthy debate.

Last edited by Patriot Services; 09-03-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not a waste. When a good tech can fix something no matter what breaks . A good mahine shop is indispensible as well. I have no trouble telling someone they have options.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Just called the Bobcat dealer in the next town over and they told me they have been waiting for a alternator for a motor on a Bobcat since 0ctober of 2012 and said they no longer recommend the Genny for this reason.

They said they like the product but getting parts have been a problem, any input is welcome.
OK you have made your point that you are not going buy a Generac Motor Buy something else Let us know how that goes You have any photos of you mowers you going put this new motor on
Old 09-03-2013, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
OK you have made your point that you are not going buy a Generac Motor Buy something else Let us know how that goes You have any photos of you mowers you going put this new motor on
Pictures ?, I'll give you the serial # and you can call Hustler and verify the machine exist. I am in the process now of updating the whole mower but it is summer and I have not had time. More than likely I will do it in the off season.

I may get a Generac but this is the thing, I call people and talk to them who sell them and hear mixed stories on them. I hear the same thing about other motors but more so on Generac. Look the ?'s are legit because nobody sells them within 25 miles so I will get one shipped and the reason I want to use one is it only needs exhaust mods to work. On a BB they may be a pain in the a ss to make fit and fab may be necessary and they are heavier. I like the Generac concept, that is why ultra lights use them, they are popular because the HP to weight ratio. No where near a 2 stroke but good for a 4.

If I get one mail order I have to research more before I pull the trigger.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Not a waste. When a good tech can fix something no matter what breaks . A good mahine shop is indispensible as well. I have no trouble telling someone they have options.
That is the problem with Gainesville, I used to live in Tampa and you could find everything in town with no shipping, here forget it. The economy here is collapsing because all there is is the school and the hospitals.

The only reason I just did not buy a new Z with a BB is because I cannot justify it the way the economy is here. People in the lawn business are hurting here, I had to diversify big time and only cut a few days a week if I am lucky. they are really cutting the prices here and I will not do it for those prices, so I am choosey.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I am just curious as to why you posted on my thread that is all.
Yeah, I am wondering the samething myself now! However, my original thought was to try and help you, stupid me!

Quote:
All this jibberish back and forth on the net can be taken care of on the phone in a short conversation.
Well, then stop posting the same thing ON THE NET over and over and start calling people!

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Just called the Bobcat dealer in the next town over and they told me they have been waiting for a alternator for a motor on a Bobcat since 0ctober of 2012 and said they no longer recommend the Genny for this reason.

They said they like the product but getting parts have been a problem, any input is welcome.
Ok, I'll call bs on this also! I'll assume the Generac is either a GTV970 or 990, 26-33hp... As that is the only ones I have seen available on the Bob-Cats. With that being the case, the "Alternator" (Stator) is part number 0F1153B with a retail price of $42.69 and the Regilator/Rectifier if needed is part number 0A2702 with a retail price of $32.57... BOTH of which are IN STOCK AT GENERAC, as well as I stock them!

So once again, unless it is an odd or unusual engine on a Bob-Cat which I highly doubt, someone is full of it! I can show you proof of being in stock if you do not believe me for some reason...

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I am going to research if there is a problem, I am going to call Bobcat. I have heard parts can be a problem, if people can get what they want in 2 days that is great but this Bobcat dealer is having a problem and she they said the distributor they get the parts from was not the problem and the Gen factory was.
To research something is one thing, to beat it to death is another... Based on your prior posts, you have been "researching this ONLINE for a minimum of 2.5 months... I didn't spend that much time researching and ordering a $50,000 truck!

What the hell are you calling Bob-Cat for? To ask them if ALL the trouble that you have "heard" about with Generac's is true? FYI, they still offer the Generac on Bob-Cats in LP only now!

Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I may get a Generac but this is the thing, I call people and talk to them who sell them and hear mixed stories on them. I hear the same thing about other motors but more so on Generac. Look the ?'s are legit because nobody sells them within 25 miles so I will get one shipped and the reason I want to use one is it only needs exhaust mods to work. On a BB they may be a pain in the a ss to make fit and fab may be necessary and they are heavier. I like the Generac concept, that is why ultra lights use them, they are popular because the HP to weight ratio. No where near a 2 stroke but good for a 4.

If I get one mail order I have to research more before I pull the trigger.
Once again, why in the world would you buy something that you cannot get serviced locally? Say you buy it, and it throws a rod , like you have heard they do... Where are you going to go for service? You gonna send it back to Mike, the guy you purchased it from on Ebay?

Perhaps, it is just me that does not understand your logic... As long as you do, that's all that counts!

Once again, good luck!

Old 09-03-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Ditto....dittto....ditto....ditto....
There's a few of these posters with nothing to offer but complaints...
Don't let him ruin your day....thanx for your good solid advice over the years...

Ya know....if he bought a kohler he wouldn't have anything to complain about.....

Thank you Sir, much appreciated!

Oh I'm sure there would be something to complain about!

Closed Thread