Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Just FYI, I only have a few years full time mowing. I just bought a 60" dixi with a 33hp generac. It blows my old 27 kawi straight out of the water. We had an extremely wet spring and I could not bog it down. I take good care of it. Check oil very day or very other day. Change at 80-100 hrs with full synthetic mobile one 10-30, I should probably change plugs And be the valves adjusted when the season is over . Mine is right At 1000 hrs and I fully expect to get AT LEAST another 1000

Just my .02

Z
Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Member

I hear you Snyder. I should have my rolled lift blades any day. Can't wait to try them ! We did just over 10 acres today in - bit over 2 hrs. That was with one 33/60 and on 27 kawi 60 ( rich Convirtible) the 33-60 burns about 1.5 an hr. does not bother me a bit. I get plenty done!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Yep I think his site name fits him well real slow

Acts like a kid
Asking for pictures is kiddie stuff, little kids take pictures of their toys and post them on the net or could care about seeing other peoples junk!

I am just trying to get as much info on a motor before I buy one, good luck on your loan what is that supposed to mean? I always buy slightly used and at half price. If somebody else will let me make payments and not pay interest I will consider it if the buying price is right.

In this economy where I am it makes no sense to buy a new one. We will be lucky if the whole country does not collapse shortly.

The statement you made about the Kohler having better power and then saying the pulleys will not work correctly tells me one thing about you for sure and that is mechanically speaking you are an idiot plain and simple!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zspeed130 View Post
I hear you Snyder. I should have my rolled lift blades any day. Can't wait to try them ! We did just over 10 acres today in - bit over 2 hrs. That was with one 33/60 and on 27 kawi 60 ( rich Convirtible) the 33-60 burns about 1.5 an hr. does not bother me a bit. I get plenty done!
Try a 72 you will find it is 25 to 30% faster.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Asking for pictures is kiddie stuff, little kids take pictures of their toys and post them on the net or could care about seeing other peoples junk!

I am just trying to get as much info on a motor before I buy one, good luck on your loan what is that supposed to mean? I always buy slightly used and at half price. If somebody else will let me make payments and not pay interest I will consider it if the buying price is right.

In this economy where I am it makes no sense to buy a new one. We will be lucky if the whole country does not collapse shortly.

The statement you made about the Kohler having better power and then saying the pulleys will not work correctly tells me one thing about you for sure and that is mechanically speaking you are an idiot plain and simple!
I see you are a real slow for sure You are a kid for sure call people names
I own 10 Dixie Choppers 6 of them are Kohler and 4 are Generac
I was telling your Hustler might not be setup for a Generac Since wasn't design for a Generac
Talking about Idiot that is you for sure ask anyone that posted on this thread.
Sidexside I have a 2960efi and 3360
EFI Kohler will walk off from 3360
I don't ride my 2013 3360 much and days I run 3- 60'' I pick my 2005 2960efi Its knight day difference but you wont believe it and kohler has 2k+ hours vs 2013 Generac has 200 hrs

I figure you would want to show a photo of your mower to prove you have one and prove I'm wrong

Good luck part means Good luck
I must be a Idiot I pay cash for my new mowers I don't buy other people junk or half price junk

Last edited by Snyder's Lawn Inc; 09-05-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Installing a Generac on a Hustler is gonna open a whole can of worms...
The engine will have to be mounted sideways..If you can fit it on at all...
Then..you will prolly have to fabricate your own muffler...as most are extended reach...
Then...the wiring is gonna have to be matched up...The cranksize has to be correct...
Then...of course...you gotta find a mechanic with enough patience and expertice to make it all work...

Im thinkin the conversion shouldnt cost too much more than $5000.....CA$H...PM me when you have the CA$H..
If you want to watch and ask questions...Itll be an extra $2000......CA$H..of course..
Old 09-05-2013, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
I see you are a real slow for sure You are a kid for sure call people names
I own 10 Dixie Choppers 6 of them are Kohler and 4 are Generac
I was telling your Hustler might not be setup for a Generac Since wasn't design for a Generac
Talking about Idiot that is you for sure ask anyone that posted on this thread.
Sidexside I have a 2960efi and 3360
EFI Kohler will walk off from 3360
I don't ride my 2013 3360 much and days I run 3- 60'' I pick my 2005 2960efi Its knight day difference but you wont believe it and kohler has 2k+ hours vs 2013 Generac has 200 hrs

I figure you would want to show a photo of your mower to prove you have one and prove I'm wrong

Good luck part means Good luck
I must be a Idiot I pay cash for my new mowers I don't buy other people junk or half price junk
You insulted me first, and I appreciate you helping me. Anybody who would buy 10 Dixies is not mechanically inclined. I rest my case.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Installing a Generac on a Hustler is gonna open a whole can of worms...
The engine will have to be mounted sideways..If you can fit it on at all...
Then..you will prolly have to fabricate your own muffler...as most are extended reach...
Then...the wiring is gonna have to be matched up...The cranksize has to be correct...
Then...of course...you gotta find a mechanic with enough patience and expertice to make it all work...

Im thinkin the conversion shouldnt cost too much more than $5000.....CA$H...PM me when you have the CA$H..
If you want to watch and ask questions...Itll be an extra $2000......CA$H..of course..
I have already checked all this out, why do you think I want the Generac. It basically just needs exhaust mods everything else small stuff. Now a BB motor could create issues I do not want to deal with.

That is one thing about Hustler I do not like motor options. If they could have used this engine years go that Super mower would have been so much better.

I appreciate you all helping, I have been building stuff for fun the last 40 years so it is no big deal. I already have practically all the stuff except the motor to do it.

Building this is a joke, I have been building motorcycles off and on for 35 years. You think you need a good specialized mechanic to do this? you have got to be kidding me. Thanks for the help.

The probelm is I am getting old and lazy and do not like to build or wrench as much.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
You insulted me first, and I appreciate you helping me. Anybody who would buy 10 Dixies is not mechanically inclined. I rest my case.
Im more mechanically inclined then you are that's for sure What did I call you
Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's got to be a home grown engine conversion. A dealer will not install an engine that was not an OEM item unless it is a manufacturer recommended update.

JimB
Closed Thread