Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2014, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Is the 15 a canadian model or just the previous series? Feel free to put up inspirational excavator pics
Old 01-09-2014, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The deals struck so unless something happens or i find another one I will be getting the kubota next week.
Just looking around today and found a takeuchi tb016 from united rentals. 2006, 1600 hours for 12000 before negotiation. Sooooo for $1.5k i get 1000 less hours and 2 years newer. Might even be better if i throw them a lower offer. Just wish i didnt miss out on that komatsu. That was a no brainer
Old 01-09-2014, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
The deals struck so unless something happens or i find another one I will be getting the kubota next week.
Just looking around today and found a takeuchi tb016 from united rentals. 2006, 1600 hours for 12000 before negotiation. Sooooo for $1.5k i get 1000 less hours and 2 years newer. Might even be better if i throw them a lower offer. Just wish i didnt miss out on that komatsu. That was a no brainer
RJ, it is what it is. The important part is having a machine that you don't have to tear a fence down to get in a backyard. You don't need a cdl to pull. It won't call in hungover, sick or on its period.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yea i know. I guess im just hoping for someone to say they hated their tak and sold it and bought a kubota or something
Old 01-09-2014, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Kubota makes a great product you won't be disappointed. We got a 1987 kx71 that must have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 4500 hours on it . 90% of them operating a hammer ( hard on machine) Machine has been in the company since brand new . Last year the starter went on it. That is all in 4500 hours besides maintenance. The original tracks made it about 4000 or so hours and would of gone longer if one of my guys hadn't of driven over busted up concrete with it. I cleaned the radiator when the starter went, and decided to do pins and bushings just on the bucket linkage due to having the hammer on it. I am extremely happy with the Kubota mini excavator product line, and would recommend them to any one.

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 01-09-2014, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEL View Post
Kubota makes a great product you won't be disappointed. We got a 1987 kx71 that must have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 4500 hours on it . 90% of them operating a hammer ( hard on machine) Machine has been in the company since brand new . Last year the starter went on it. That is all in 4500 hours besides maintenance. The original tracks made it about 4000 or so hours and would of gone longer if one of my guys hadn't of driven over busted up concrete with it. I cleaned the radiator when the starter went, and decided to do pins and bushings just on the bucket linkage due to having the hammer on it. I am extremely happy with the Kubota mini excavator product line, and would recommend them to any one.
They're cuter than hell, I just don't like the orange color but, a lot of people are color blind anyhow. We're seeing a ton of orchard tractors in orange the last ten or so years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Is the 15 a canadian model or just the previous series? Feel free to put up inspirational excavator pics
Yes the 15 was before the 17, the same sized machine just a bigger motor on the 17 plus some other smaller changes as far as I know
Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I would buy that machine while you can, I was on craigslist last night looking at machines 4 and 5 years older with more hours and in worse shape for 13 to 15 grand. At 10500 you could probably run that machine for a few years clean it up put a coat of paint on it and sell it for ten. Just my opinion though
Old 01-10-2014, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It seems the price floor on these is 10 grand, regardless of hours and condition and thats exactly why im buying and not doing the ole lawnsite "rent everyday until blah blah". So yea, its definitely a good investment. I have until tuesday, if I can swing into the fresher takeuchi for the same or similar though, I will probably do that. My gehl dealer also sells tak and they are 10 mins from my house. Kubota is an hour away
Old 01-10-2014, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
It seems the price floor on these is 10 grand, regardless of hours and condition and thats exactly why im buying and not doing the ole lawnsite "rent everyday until blah blah". So yea, its definitely a good investment. I have until tuesday, if I can swing into the fresher takeuchi for the same or similar though, I will probably do that. My gehl dealer also sells tak and they are 10 mins from my house. Kubota is an hour away
I missed the part about the tak, I totally agree with you to that point dealer service and parts is a priority for me also.
Posted via Mobile Device