Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-15-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
;- )

Although the blue dress was not my favorite outfit of the ones used the lighting and location of that shot below is one of my favorites. The surrounding background is dreamy.

The photos are a mix of Canon 135mm L f/2 and Sigma 85mm f/1.4
The bokeh is beautiful on those shots. How do you like your sigma lenses? They make a couple for Pentax that I might invest in over the next few years but I'm a little torn because I really like the weather resistant Pentax lenses.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
The bokeh is beautiful on those shots. How do you like your sigma lenses? They make a couple for Pentax that I might invest in over the next few years but I'm a little torn because I really like the weather resistant Pentax lenses.
Posted via Mobile Device
Love the Sigma. A few folks get copies that supposedly, for Canon anyway, are finicky about focus, but it's not that common, and it's certainly something that can be sent in to get it right. But I'm not a pixel peeper, and even when I do, I sure like this Sigma. Especially when Canon's 85mm L 1.2 is near $2000 ... plus it's slower focusing than the Sigma. I'd certainly enjoy the Canon 85mm too, but I have no complaints with my Sigma. The 135mm is remarkable too, although pretty long. I've got full frame and crop sensor, so the 135mm comes into use often.

Oops ... better keep the pics going ... LOL ... here's a photo I took a couple of hours after shooting in the redwoods with that Crescent City model. This taken with the Canon 24-105mm ...

Good chance I'll try and work that shot in as some kind of print sale. So any of my last several posts are an extension of my "job site" ;-)
Attached Images

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 09-15-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sigma is really stepping up their game lately. They have a whole bunch of new lenses slated for release in the not too distant future and from what I have read they are supposed to be some good lenses. I've always stuck with Nikon and more recently Canon glass but one of these days I may just try out some Sigma glass as well. One of my favorite lenses out of all that I own is the Canon 50mm F1.2 L. That thing is tack sharp and just takes beautiful pictures no matter what body I have it on. My other favorite is my Nikon 70-200 F2.8 which is another lens that is really hard to take bad pictures with.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a shot I got while I was on vacation in Hawaii over the summer. This was done on a Canon 5D MKIII with a 24-70 F2.8 II

Old 09-16-2013, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
Here's a shot I got while I was on vacation in Hawaii over the summer. This was done on a Canon 5D MKIII with a 24-70 F2.8 II
Wonderful photo.

Good photo gear is so worth the price for memories, enjoyment or work.

The 50mm f/1.2 you mentioned would have been in my pack recently, but Pro Photo here did not have them in stock when I walked in, so I got the Sigma 85mm merely because either lens was on my wish list. The 50mm is almost next in line. I have the 50mm 1.4, which is reasonable.

PS ...

Although I love the redwoods, etc., Los Angeles urban, and the hills around it, are high on my wish list for photography and sight-seeing within the next year. It's the lovely hills approaching from the east like an hour before that got me thinking about it. Then a growing interest for urban photography sealed my want to get there.

Ribes ... Flowering Currant. Oregon and California native & landscape plant.
Attached Images

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

Last edited by mdvaden; 09-16-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Think that last one was with the 70-300mm that came with the Canon T2i I used to have. The image above is the variety 'King Edward' and this other image shows the straight species which is a lighter pink.

The photo below was taken with the Canon 135mm.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoa, things are getting pretty serious.....
Old 09-16-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Whoa, things are getting pretty serious.....

Yeah. I post some cell phone pics and a few actual photographers show up and start a mating ritual...

Old 09-16-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Yeah. I post some cell phone pics and a few actual photographers show up and start a mating ritual...

Haha, don't feel bad, I don't really have much to contribute anymore. I've exhausted all my skills

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post

That looks distinctly like HDR, although I may be mistaken.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts