Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-30-2013, 07:32 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Used truck Financing

On trucks older than 5 years what kind of rates are you getting with med duty and heavy duty trucks?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2000 Sterling tandem dump and got 5%
Old 08-30-2013, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilkes View Post
I just bought a 2000 Sterling tandem dump and got 5%
Who was that with?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Why was this moved. I am not interested in normal truck finacing or normal trailers. Med duty and Heavy duty trucks are much harder too finace than a F250 and I posted it where I can get a response from people who have trucks like I amd trying too get.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have found that on these bigger trucks, trailers, and const. equipment, your best financing is usually going to be with your local bank. The bank where you have your business accounts located. They are the ones most familiar with your operations, finances, and credit worthiness. My loan officer looks at each of my requests, and then somehow, comes up with the rate and loan length he will let me have.
With an existing banking relationship, they know you best, and, usually want to keep you coming to them, not going somewhere else for loans.
Rates will vary a lot year to year. The age of the equipment should have little effect on the loan, if you can explain how it is to be used and how long of a remaining life the machine/truck, has. I have gotten loans from a high of 8.5%, down to 4.4% on older equipment and big trucks, all from my local bank.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman View Post
I have found that on these bigger trucks, trailers, and const. equipment, your best financing is usually going to be with your local bank. The bank where you have your business accounts located. They are the ones most familiar with your operations, finances, and credit worthiness. My loan officer looks at each of my requests, and then somehow, comes up with the rate and loan length he will let me have.
With an existing banking relationship, they know you best, and, usually want to keep you coming to them, not going somewhere else for loans.
Rates will vary a lot year to year. The age of the equipment should have little effect on the loan, if you can explain how it is to be used and how long of a remaining life the machine/truck, has. I have gotten loans from a high of 8.5%, down to 4.4% on older equipment and big trucks, all from my local bank.
Due too the massive amount of bank failures in Ga due too defaulted property loans Banks here are tough too deal with.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
Due too the massive amount of bank failures in Ga due too defaulted property loans Banks here are tough too deal with.
I typicly finance used trucks thru a credit union . Usualy get around 5%
Old 08-30-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

We had many bank failures here too. however, if you have a good relationship with one of your local banks, those kind of problems are generally overlooked. They know you, and, they know how you handle your business.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If they ask you how financialy stable you are tell em " Im good , how bout you guys"
Old 08-30-2013, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman View Post
We had many bank failures here too. however, if you have a good relationship with one of your local banks, those kind of problems are generally overlooked. They know you, and, they know how you handle your business.
Don't you think I have already asked them? They will not touch it. Been with them since 1993 and probably had over 400k worth of loans with them paid off over the years. They failed and where bought out. Same people work there but policy changed.