Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 09-01-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pump,Wheel motor or both?

I have a 2006 Hustler Z not the super with a 60" deck.The left side is not near as strong as the right side.It will eventually run the same speed as the right but takes longer to get there.The big difference is when you are riding on a hill sideways with the left wheel on the bottom side of the hill.It will run about 4 mph max until you hit flat ground.If the right side wheel is on the bottom side of the hill then it will run around 8-9mph. Is there anyway to figure out if I can replace one or the other or do both.My dealers answer is always bring it in and that is 1000000% not happening after spending $1700 on clutches within 200hrs with them and getting a sorry sir you must have just got a bad clutch WOW NO CRAP!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Sponsor

I can theory you to death on what might be the issues. The only way I know for sure of what's wrong is putting the machine on a flow test. Knowing what the pumps are doing will tell me which way I need to go. At the cost of pumps and wheel motors I don't like guessing on what's wrong.

Brian O
Old 09-01-2013, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

well here is my model and serial # if a rep can get me the part #'s to the left side(sitting on the mower) pump and wheel motor and I will price them myself and do the job myself

Model # 927731
serial # 06061657
Old 09-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Sponsor

You know the old saying "teach a man to fish" If you go to Hustlerturf.com and on the bottom of the page you'll see a link for manuals. Look up your model and serial number and you can get the parts and service manuals downloaded on you computer. Changing out the hydro system these manuals could prove to be very helpful.

Brian O
Old 09-01-2013, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I could not find the parts manual for my model #??
Old 09-01-2013, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

This doesn't have anything to do with the hydro system, but goes back to the clutch issue you had. I am dealing with a mower now that started going through clutches left and right. It ended up being the upper bearing on the clutch locked up on one of the first ones and kept spinning on the crankshaft. The crankshaft is now worn alot smaller in that area which puts a side load on the bearings causing them to prematurely go out. I now have the engine pulled apart and replacing the crankshaft.
Just thought this would help some people diagnose why clutches are going out frequently.