Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice work! How much do you get for mowing the dog park?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gt331 View Post
Saturdays are another good day for firewood. My friend has 30 wooded acres on his farm that I go cut firewood at. So I went and picked up 3 loads today to store at my shop to sell this winter. Anyone here sell firewood? And do you enjoy it? I like doing it and hope to make a few bucks this winter but will see.
I had orders for 5 cord of wood to be delivered. I still had to split it all, and load it. I ended up going to miami during the february and when I got back it was almost march and the ground was too soft to drive my dads 2wd fuso cabover dump truck into my buddies field so I ended not delivering any of it. honestly once you calculate how much time is spent doing everything, its probably not worth doing, Unless you have help and have a really good system down and can cut and split and stack 2 or 3 cords an hour. but I sold it between 200-225 delivered depending on how far away they were.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Everything looks good just spent the later half of the hour reading through. Keep up the good work.

I really really really really want to push hardscaping when I get home, I've done a few odd jobs with it such as a repair jobs where a few pavers came up, and did some raise beds with block around my brothers house. Again same boat not to much note worthy experience, other than what I learned in my college classes about it. But that's more like the spec's/bidding/construction principle of it. Not many in my area are dedicated hardscaper's either, companies do offer it but not as dedicated.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 09-08-2013, 05:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Everything looks good just spent the later half of the hour reading through. Keep up the good work.

I really really really really want to push hardscaping when I get home, I've done a few odd jobs with it such as a repair jobs where a few pavers came up, and did some raise beds with block around my brothers house. Again same boat not to much note worthy experience, other than what I learned in my college classes about it. But that's more like the spec's/bidding/construction principle of it. Not many in my area are dedicated hardscaper's either, companies do offer it but not as dedicated.
Thats cool man! Hey thanks for your service to our country I hope you stay safe and return soon!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopNotchLawnCare View Post
Nice work! How much do you get for mowing the dog park?
Thanks man. I don't really like to give out my prices on the internet but it's not priced to high. It is funded by donations through out our comunity so I'm doing the park for alittle less than I normally charge, but i still make a fair wage for doing it. I saw an opportunity to help out the comunity alittle bit so I try to help out when I can.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
I had orders for 5 cord of wood to be delivered. I still had to split it all, and load it. I ended up going to miami during the february and when I got back it was almost march and the ground was too soft to drive my dads 2wd fuso cabover dump truck into my buddies field so I ended not delivering any of it. honestly once you calculate how much time is spent doing everything, its probably not worth doing, Unless you have help and have a really good system down and can cut and split and stack 2 or 3 cords an hour. but I sold it between 200-225 delivered depending on how far away they were.
I agree it's hard to make a good wage doing it, i just do firewood for alittle spending money over the winter and to entertain myself. It doesn't take up to much of any of my time during the landscape season but it's nice to have in the winter time if it's not snowing and you need a few bucks.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Nice set up I wish you the best of luck. I've seen a logo similar to your's out on Long Island. Yours is really cool.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Loaded up some plants and small pines for a small design/ install job tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2013, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres some pics of a job we did today, nothing crazy just a small days worth of work with 2 guys. We added a row of 3 douglas fir and 4 zebra grass to create a fence and also the other pics (crappy by the way) added some plants and river rock by the back foundation. Nothing crazy, kinda plain.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a hedge trimming job to wrap the day up.
Attached Images