Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 10-02-2013, 07:42 PM
blk90s13 blk90s13 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Howell,NJ
Posts: 1,458
Sweet splitter I use the Troybilt from Lowes two years now with no trouble, I think its the same thing you got just different name on it.

27 ton and nothing stops in its way so far.


Have fun splitting and be safe
__________________
God bless the USA

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk90s13 View Post
Sweet splitter I use the Troybilt from Lowes two years now with no trouble, I think its the same thing you got just different name on it.

27 ton and nothing stops in its way so far.


Have fun splitting and be safe
Thanks Blk will let you know how it works this weekend I'll try it out got lots of wood to split. Weekends are fun for that!
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 10-02-2013, 08:42 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
I also picked up my brand new 18hp billy goat leaf vac today. I ordered it last week. This is my 10th year doing leaves and I finally bought a leaf vac I hope to get lots of use for the next 15 years with this unit. I almost bought the 13hp unit but I figured I better get the 18hp.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 10-02-2013, 08:57 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Just got back from a vacation in Colorado, I've never been out west and it was beautiful. I really appreciated the experience, got to meet up with my brother who is stationed out there, it was fun
Attached Images
           
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 10-03-2013, 08:13 AM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,470
Nice loader and splitter. Both worth every penny in the long run. I'll never go without a splitter as long as I'm burning wood. My dad is a ass for not getting one when we were younger. Always trying to save a dollar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 10-03-2013, 08:58 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
Nice loader and splitter. Both worth every penny in the long run. I'll never go without a splitter as long as I'm burning wood. My dad is a ass for not getting one when we were younger. Always trying to save a dollar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Haha yeah i like saving money too but I figured both purchases would make me lots of money. Thanks Casey
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 10-03-2013, 09:05 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Here was a install I did with one of my guys today. House was bare with a few perenials in the grass, so we added some small raised beds with mulch and plants and the customers wanted some pavers laid as a edge for the mower which I thought was kind of cool.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 10-03-2013, 10:41 PM
PLLandscape PLLandscape is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western New York
Posts: 366
For some reason the people I've done installs for have zero interest in perennials. I mean I love symmetry and form in the foundation plantings but perennials can soften things not to mention offer color that everyone wants. And they come back. I'm not sure I myself would use them in the front foundation bed but separate gardens or around patios yes. Unfortunately most barely have a budget for what they get. That's probably part of the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 10-03-2013, 10:57 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLLandscape View Post
For some reason the people I've done installs for have zero interest in perennials. I mean I love symmetry and form in the foundation plantings but perennials can soften things not to mention offer color that everyone wants. And they come back. I'm not sure I myself would use them in the front foundation bed but separate gardens or around patios yes. Unfortunately most barely have a budget for what they get. That's probably part of the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the input. Around here people go crazy for perenial, I mean seriously they love perenials. I like using them especially for lighter budgets like this job was only $400 in plants. If you noticed the bed between the walk is where I put most of them. That was kind of a small area for alot of color. I like to allways mixed up landscapes with a variety of plants. I like to use evergreen shrubs as well as deciduous plants and also flowering perenials and I like to see color all year.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 10-03-2013, 11:06 PM
PLLandscape PLLandscape is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western New York
Posts: 366
I didn't mean to come across like I was telling you what to do. Just merely stating my preferences. I also think some people think plants/materials are free to landscapers for some reason.... I need to expand my plant knowledge greatly also so it's easier to build landscapes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.09505 seconds with 8 queries