Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-10-2014, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks like you having a great winter man.
I decided to do 5 small residential this year and with the snow we have had it added some extra cash my way, so I'm sure your loving it. I'm getting a dump insert from Keith's this weekend coming up, excited to put it to use & then create the setup similar to yours for leaf cleanup this year.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 02-10-2014, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryde307 View Post
Nice pictures. That snow looked heavy. I like the one of the road through the trees. I wish that was my driveway.
Where are you located? I hope we get more snow soon. IT has been a busy winter but we only have an inch or so forecasted for tomorrow then it looks clear again.
Thanks ryde! Yeah we are located in central PA. I plow alot of lanes going through woods area and up mountains etc. I do like seeing the trees covered in snow while I'm plowing and chasing the deer also. Some of the mountan roads get pretty icy because some of them are schale, but they are allways exciting to plow and alittle tricky at times. Hope you get to salt tomorrow, and get some more snow as well, I'm just loving this winter!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
Looks like you having a great winter man.
I decided to do 5 small residential this year and with the snow we have had it added some extra cash my way, so I'm sure your loving it. I'm getting a dump insert from Keith's this weekend coming up, excited to put it to use & then create the setup similar to yours for leaf cleanup this year.
Thank Lego! Cool deal on getting into snow this year. You using a blower? There's alot of pavement to plow in our area? Keep up the good work, let's see some pics of the new insert soon?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a thrower but the snows have been pretty light except a few I have been just using the blowers to clear the walkways etc. and cleaning up with a shovel. I actually like being out there at night - peaceful. Some of those pictures look like blue knob area? I'll def. throw up some pictures of the insert, I'm getting the side extensions cab guard and roll tarp kit. Ready to put it to work. What is the going rate for a cord of wood around here? I got a buddy that owns a tree service hes going to stack the wood on my property starting this year and I'm going to sale it over the winter.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 02-10-2014, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
I have a thrower but the snows have been pretty light except a few I have been just using the blowers to clear the walkways etc. and cleaning up with a shovel. I actually like being out there at night - peaceful. Some of those pictures look like blue knob area? I'll def. throw up some pictures of the insert, I'm getting the side extensions cab guard and roll tarp kit. Ready to put it to work. What is the going rate for a cord of wood around here? I got a buddy that owns a tree service hes going to stack the wood on my property starting this year and I'm going to sale it over the winter.
A cord around here is selling at $150 per cord, price has seemed to drop over the last few years.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Member

WOW! I just went through your whole thread and it's very impressive to say the least. You seem to use alot more rock there then we do here in Ohio. We use mostly mulch from what I am seeing. This is my first year up and running and I am hoping to build an operation similar to yours soon in the future.

Good luck in 2014 and keep up the great pics!!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDHomeSVCS View Post
WOW! I just went through your whole thread and it's very impressive to say the least. You seem to use alot more rock there then we do here in Ohio. We use mostly mulch from what I am seeing. This is my first year up and running and I am hoping to build an operation similar to yours soon in the future.

Good luck in 2014 and keep up the great pics!!
MD, thank you very much for the compliments, I'm glad some guys enjoy reading my thread, that's why I like to keep posting to keep ya entertained. I'm buying some equiptment tomorrow and will post some pics. Good luck to you also.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You have any big plans/goals for spring?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
You have any big plans/goals for spring?
Yes thanks for asking! I have alot of goals this spring to work on. Late march I'm going to re schale all my areas at the shop and refresh all the landscaping. We are going to be building a lien to addition to the back of the shop for more equiptment storage. I have a cabin at our shop that I'm turning into a full office and break/ employee area for my crew and I to work out of. Also I'm hoping to purchase a large newer dump truck to haul more materials and heavier loads. Also I'm hoping to buy a small ranger for a personal work truck for me and also get a small plow for it for a driveway plow truck. I'm hoping to buy a couple new stihl weed eaters and blowers and some other small tools to help us out more in the field. Other goals are to pay off some debt and get some more money in the bank. I'm finally getting to solid ground I think after 10 years of busting butt and learning from mistakes I made in the past. Overall I'm working on getting more effiecient and trying to make things easier labor wise for my crew and myself. This is the first year I have my crew of 4 guys coming back to work this spring and I'm trying to build a buisiness where I can keep my guys in a team/ family atmosphere. Seems like alot of goals but we have all summer.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gt331 View Post
Yes thanks for asking! I have alot of goals this spring to work on. Late march I'm going to re schale all my areas at the shop and refresh all the landscaping. We are going to be building a lien to addition to the back of the shop for more equiptment storage. I have a cabin at our shop that I'm turning into a full office and break/ employee area for my crew and I to work out of. Also I'm hoping to purchase a large newer dump truck to haul more materials and heavier loads. Also I'm hoping to buy a small ranger for a personal work truck for me and also get a small plow for it for a driveway plow truck. I'm hoping to buy a couple new stihl weed eaters and blowers and some other small tools to help us out more in the field. Other goals are to pay off some debt and get some more money in the bank. I'm finally getting to solid ground I think after 10 years of busting butt and learning from mistakes I made in the past. Overall I'm working on getting more effiecient and trying to make things easier labor wise for my crew and myself. This is the first year I have my crew of 4 guys coming back to work this spring and I'm trying to build a buisiness where I can keep my guys in a team/ family atmosphere. Seems like alot of goals but we have all summer.
Thanks for sharing! It sounds like you got it all figured out. Keep us updated I want to hear how it goes for you this spring/summer.