Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCResources View Post
I've got a CID grapple, they are high quality attachments made by our neighbors, they are awesome for the price. The only complaint I have is they don't seem to fit as nice as the Bobcat attachments we rent for my machine.

You have a nice business going. The fact that your guys have been with you as long as they have tells me you must treat them right. My helpers (both part time) have been with me going on three and one seasons, and I really try to make sure it works for them. The old golden rule, seems to pay you back over time, that's my philosophy.

Keep up the great work.
Thank bud for the compliments, I really learned alot the last couple years about building a team, I've had alot of guys over the years and they were all pretty good but never really wanted to stick around so I've been improving things and trying to look at things in a employees view more, granted I'm on both sides of the table still after 10 years but, I really want to continue to build a team environment where all my guys are a big asset to this small company. It takes time and money to get to the point where you can keep guys around and I hope to keep improving for the crew and we can all suceed together.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been exhausted lately, we had 3 plowable events last week, we did a full days moving job last week and some other small snow related jobs keeping us busy last week, and this week we had 2 plowable events and some other random jobs, and on top of that I work a 25-30hr week part time seasonal job at night in the winter time, I'm drained right now. I picked the wrong winter to work a part time job. Here's a pic plowing a lane down to a new house a contractor is building that we work for.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2014, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This coming week if we have time we are going to haul the skidloader around to most of our locations to stack and or relocate piled up snow, we are running out of space at some of our locations, they are calling for some more snow next week so I hope to get to that soon.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good man. Glad to see you are busy. Looking forward to hitting spring, all this snow is killing me. Keep it up

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 02-17-2014, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Looks good man. Glad to see you are busy. Looking forward to hitting spring, all this snow is killing me. Keep it up
Thanks. Hows snow in ct, has it been tiring up there too. We had a 1ft snow last friday a 6 inch snow sat, sunday night just got back from a salting event about a inch, and tomorrow night into tuesday they are calling for another plowable storm, i'm extremely burn out, I'm gona stay up all night and do invoices for snow work because we had about 10 events in the last 20 days and I need some money.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a call today to go plow this lane. I get there and it has drifts across and it's a nice steeper lane on schale and it's icy, well if you know whats it's like plowing with a dually, they don't have the best traction on hills. I call plow jobs like this an "o **** lane" because every time I'm plowing them I'm saying o ****! But I got it plowed and salted, it was fun, i enjoy the challenge but I should bring the chevy or ford here next time.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2014, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gt331 View Post
Thanks. Hows snow in ct, has it been tiring up there too. We had a 1ft snow last friday a 6 inch snow sat, sunday night just got back from a salting event about a inch, and tomorrow night into tuesday they are calling for another plowable storm, i'm extremely burn out, I'm gona stay up all night and do invoices for snow work because we had about 10 events in the last 20 days and I need some money.
We have had consistent 2-3 events a week making for some long nights for sure. It seems like they have all been us either getting close to a foot, or barely enough to plow or even salt. Sucks but the money is good.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 02-17-2014, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Member

When your plowing do you notice a big difference in fuel consumption comparing your gas to your diesels?
As always, you guys do some good looking work!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant11 View Post
When your plowing do you notice a big difference in fuel consumption comparing your gas to your diesels?
As always, you guys do some good looking work!
Thank you! My Trucks all suck down the fuel during plowing, my dogde diesal uses alot of fuel plowing because its allways weighed down with salt, so it's been hard keeping them all fueled up right now considering we had 10 events and I just billed out, so money is tight lol.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We had freezing rain this morning, was stuck in traffic for 2 hrs just trying to get to sites to salt, lots of wrecks. But the sun came out and got to 42 and it all melted fast. Today while I was in town I shoveld of 3 decks and made a couple extra bucks.
Attached Images