Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #311  
Old 03-13-2014, 03:48 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegartydirtwork View Post
Gt, How do you like that metal shop? They are becoming very popular in this area, how has it held up to the elements? Just curious continued success-Brendan
Thanks! The shop is a oversized carport from carolina carports. And I did alot of work to it, I framed in the front and back and added extra supports and reinforced more rebar into the ground to keep it from blowing away. We also did some more to it since then. I would have liked to build a large pole barn but don't have the funds so I am just going to add onto it for now. I think I'm set fine with storage space for now after this addition to keep me happy for awhile. Anyone looking for an affordable storage solution check out carolina carports, they got lots of cool buildings to choose from.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 03-13-2014, 03:50 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchannaultROLC View Post
Just saw this haha. But yes! I'm from Detroit so that's all we say. I'm partial to Ford myself but I really like the Dodge and Chevy you're running.

Love your shop setup by the way. Good to be able to build to suit as you grow.
Thanks bud how's the snow this year in detroit? You guys gonna be working soon?
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 03-13-2014, 04:25 PM
SchannaultROLC's Avatar
SchannaultROLC SchannaultROLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gt331 View Post
Thanks bud how's the snow this year in detroit? You guys gonna be working soon?
After a couple 50 degree days we got hammered with 8" yesterday and went down to 9 degrees! We're about 3" away from hitting the all time snow record MI has ever seen, I believe about 93.7" it was? Back in 1881 or something like that.

Went through the equipment the past couple days, but who knows when I'll get to do a clean-up or start mulching!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 03-18-2014, 07:06 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Finished the metal on the lean too on the shop today and graded the floor with new schale. Now we are waiting for our boards from the saw mill to start the landscape bin that we are connecting to the lean too.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 03-18-2014, 07:10 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Extended the lane to make a area for the snow plows to hang out.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 03-18-2014, 07:22 PM
lego lego is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 249
You get to start working at all yet Byron?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 03-18-2014, 08:47 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
You get to start working at all yet Byron?
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm purposly waiting to start full time work on Monday. Waiting for all the snow to melt. But mostly trying to wrap things up at the shop, getting everything in working order and also doing early landscape work at the shop so that will be done so we can just focus on making money after this monday. How bout you? I did 3 estimates this evening for some decent landscape jobs, things are going to be real busy soon. What mostly do you do landscape wise?
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:03 PM
lego lego is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gt331 View Post
I'm purposly waiting to start full time work on Monday. Waiting for all the snow to melt. But mostly trying to wrap things up at the shop, getting everything in working order and also doing early landscape work at the shop so that will be done so we can just focus on making money after this monday. How bout you? I did 3 estimates this evening for some decent landscape jobs, things are going to be real busy soon. What mostly do you do landscape wise?
I'll do anything really as long as I can handle it equipment and time wise. I'm not a big company so I don't bite off what I can't swallow. Retaining walls, pavers, etc. I have a guy that used to work for Banks hardscapes, he basically ran the paver / concrete side of banks - he's awesome at pavers & similar so I really love taking them on.

I have been doing a good bit of estimates and scheduling things. I sent out 2,500 EDDM postcards, did a facebook ad, and have adwords up right now. I'm hoping to get slammed. I just booked a nice retaining wall job for around 2k, excited to get that started. Things are building up, just haven't got started yet. I think I'm going to do my first job on Sunday at a small auto shop landscape, needs some landscape timber beds reduced in sized and boards replaced. I'm really hoping to take off here soon. I did basically what you did, put alot of money out in this beginning of this year and now I'm ready to focus on making it. This dragged out winter **** really blows. I saw some guys at CVS on plank with a power broom on a weed whacker cleaning up the grass, I think that will end up hurting the grass with it not being ready to wake up yet, but it made me smile because I know the crazy time is about to come If I get too slammed do you care if I refer jobs to you at all? I don't normally like to do that but I have seen your work here & know you actually care.

Love the editions you did to the shop. My area is tore up and I'm pretty much reduced in space. They are doing the septic system installs around my place so they are digging everything up, its a mess. Ontop of that right after I put that dump bed in the truck the damn thing started loosing power going up hill. I think I narrowed it to fuel pump pressure but well see. Hopefully. (after new plugs & wires, entire new air intake housing, mass air flow sensor, servicing the throttle body & idle air sensor, and fuel filters) I am praying I don't have to buy a new truck right now after dumping all my money in start up.

Sorry for that rant. Just ready to stop spending & start making.
__________________


www.legoservices.com
Four years in...



Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:54 PM
94gt331's Avatar
94gt331 94gt331 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
I'll do anything really as long as I can handle it equipment and time wise. I'm not a big company so I don't bite off what I can't swallow. Retaining walls, pavers, etc. I have a guy that used to work for Banks hardscapes, he basically ran the paver / concrete side of banks - he's awesome at pavers & similar so I really love taking them on.

I have been doing a good bit of estimates and scheduling things. I sent out 2,500 EDDM postcards, did a facebook ad, and have adwords up right now. I'm hoping to get slammed. I just booked a nice retaining wall job for around 2k, excited to get that started. Things are building up, just haven't got started yet. I think I'm going to do my first job on Sunday at a small auto shop landscape, needs some landscape timber beds reduced in sized and boards replaced. I'm really hoping to take off here soon. I did basically what you did, put alot of money out in this beginning of this year and now I'm ready to focus on making it. This dragged out winter **** really blows. I saw some guys at CVS on plank with a power broom on a weed whacker cleaning up the grass, I think that will end up hurting the grass with it not being ready to wake up yet, but it made me smile because I know the crazy time is about to come If I get too slammed do you care if I refer jobs to you at all? I don't normally like to do that but I have seen your work here & know you actually care.

Love the editions you did to the shop. My area is tore up and I'm pretty much reduced in space. They are doing the septic system installs around my place so they are digging everything up, its a mess. Ontop of that right after I put that dump bed in the truck the damn thing started loosing power going up hill. I think I narrowed it to fuel pump pressure but well see. Hopefully. (after new plugs & wires, entire new air intake housing, mass air flow sensor, servicing the throttle body & idle air sensor, and fuel filters) I am praying I don't have to buy a new truck right now after dumping all my money in start up.

Sorry for that rant. Just ready to stop spending & start making.
Yeah will take any jobs we can thanks man, pm your number and I do the same for you. Good luck this spring!
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 03-18-2014, 10:51 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,056
Shop is looking fresh. Its so much easier when everything has a place and the yard is clean.
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Page generated in 0.08275 seconds with 8 queries