Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
View Poll Results: What do you think about shirt?
Yay 4 17.39%
Nay 19 82.61%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:21 AM
No Weeds Left Behind No Weeds Left Behind is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Richland, MS
Posts: 119
I agree with everyone saying it sounds like a fert name. When I came up with it I wasnt on lawnsite and I didnt have any idea about squirt/fert company ha. But I would like for you to take out of your mind that you know anything about cutting grass. I ran two ads one with this name when I was starting out and two others with generic names. Every time I ran the ad with this name I got a call now whether I got the business or not different story but I was getting calls. I guess what I am getting at is to the average person that has no knowledge of fert or even lawn care the name catches the eye/ear.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,757
How about this. When you are ready to spray keep the grass and change the guy to a guy spraying the grass. Until then I would just remove the guy or at least remove the knife
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:51 AM
No Weeds Left Behind No Weeds Left Behind is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Richland, MS
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
How about this. When you are ready to spray keep the grass and change the guy to a guy spraying the grass. Until then I would just remove the guy or at least remove the knife
Yea I see about the knife it could be seen as negative
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:55 AM
GOATMAN GEORGE GOATMAN GEORGE is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 88
Why dont you put a weed eater in his hand instead of a knife.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,520
What about using the standard "NO" circle with the line thru it over top of a dandelion or thistle?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-04-2013, 11:19 AM
No Weeds Left Behind No Weeds Left Behind is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Richland, MS
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATMAN GEORGE View Post
Why dont you put a weed eater in his hand instead of a knife.
I was thinking of that or scissors. Maybe kneeling cutting it with scissors. I also like the no symbol comment too have to see what looks best
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Mike A Mike A is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Evansville, in
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Weeds Left Behind View Post
I agree with everyone saying it sounds like a fert name. When I came up with it I wasnt on lawnsite and I didnt have any idea about squirt/fert company ha. But I would like for you to take out of your mind that you know anything about cutting grass. I ran two ads one with this name when I was starting out and two others with generic names. Every time I ran the ad with this name I got a call now whether I got the business or not different story but I was getting calls. I guess what I am getting at is to the average person that has no knowledge of fert or even lawn care the name catches the eye/ear.
The name to me suggests a landscape maintenance company...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-04-2013, 12:38 PM
kwwolfe kwwolfe is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central PA
Posts: 218
I can give you a non LCO perspective. The knife is funny but could be a little creepy. Also, you might wanted to include "lawncare" in your name somewhere. It helps for people who are searching the net, craigslist or other places. You are more likely to get traffic your way. Not to mention, it might help in illustrating that you are more than a fertizler guy.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-04-2013, 03:05 PM
No Weeds Left Behind No Weeds Left Behind is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Richland, MS
Posts: 119
Thanks for the input everyone. It is all duly noted. I like criticism only makes me better. I would rather someone tell me everything I am doing wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-04-2013, 11:21 PM
OakNut's Avatar
OakNut OakNut is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Weeds Left Behind View Post
Thanks for the input everyone. It is all duly noted. I like criticism only makes me better. I would rather someone tell me everything I am doing wrong.
You need a haircut.



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.08419 seconds with 9 queries