Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-13-2013, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefaster35 View Post
Would it be to much for me to ask u to check your fuel usage next time and or a complete "estimate" because I am looking at buying 2 for next year with baggers were ralking about 25k investment? I sure want to make the investment right.
Posted via Mobile Device
In average, normal conditions, I get right at 1.5 GPH from my 2012 Z950A. That has held for two seasons now. I can do slightly better, and slightly worse depending on the cutting conditions. If you are going to run baggers on them a lot or all the time, you might want to spend a little more for the 950. The added power will come in handy.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

See that's my problem I have the 950 from a couple years ago which sucks fuel. I would say it probably uses 2 gallons an hour if not more to run the older 950 with the 31 hp Kwai engine.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Member

I'll try and get you something but it will be about Wed. before I mow again.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
In average, normal conditions, I get right at 1.5 GPH from my 2012 Z950A. That has held for two seasons now. I can do slightly better, and slightly worse depending on the cutting conditions.
I think that sounds about right Ridin Green. The one time I did check the fuel consumption was in an overgrown yard and I spent lots of time double cutting. About 2 acres and it took right at
4 gals to fill back up. BUT it was a very rough yard to cut and I know it gets better than that with normal use.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefaster35 View Post
See that's my problem I have the 950 from a couple years ago which sucks fuel. I would say it probably uses 2 gallons an hour if not more to run the older 950 with the 31 hp Kwai engine.
I'm not saying that you are wrong or don't know what you were really getting/using per hour, but I think many people think they are doing worse than they really are that run the 2011 and earlier 950's simply because they are labeled 31 instead of the true rating of 27 that is on 2012 and newer models. The engines have always had 27 hp, so for yours to do so much worse is odd. I know several guys with 950's and they all do about the same as me when actually checked over several fill ups.
The 930's use the same exact engine as the 950's. The ONLY difference is that the throttle plate opens farther in the 950 version to allow more fuel into the engine for more HP. The difference in actual fuel use between the two is minimal.