Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-20-2013, 02:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
This is great to hear!!!! I greatly appreciate it. But when you refer to wearing the polo shirt you mean a collared polo right? And you put the logo on front and back of the collared polo? I'm just trying to seek some clarification that way I don't look like a moron by making some mistake or what not.
Posted via Mobile Device
No mistakes. It's all your personal style. I put the logo small on the left in front and big on the back. I do have hats, but I hate em and I'm having new ones made. Navy blue shirts, tan pants. Collared polo yes. It sets me apart from the hacks that fill up my town. Dickies also makes a button up collared work shirt with long sleeves. I have a couple of those for really cold days. I put a lot of faith in uniforms and appearances. Lot of upper middle class in my area. Even among the commercial accounts, there's a lot of "keeping up with the joneses" and they wanna see a fancy crew doing their yard work.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Man I appreciate the response. It will help me out a ton when designing my shirts!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We talk about it all the time on here, IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE! It's so important to STAND OUT! It's the difference from the hack guy down the street, My guys have company t-shirts while I have embroidered polo's because as the owner you have to be ready to be front of customers at all times, and really you should always be trying to be in front of potential customers everyday.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Always be well dressed, well informed and professional. Laptop, tablet what ever it takes to get the quote to them faster. When they see you on top of your game and able to get a quote while striking a conversation about "how well they do managing their store" or some kind of uplifting self confidence convo about them personally you will get the job. When they see you get a quote in min. that usually means you can get the job done fast as well. Start with your mom and pop places like mentioned above then work your way up the chain. If you start with the big chains next thing you know you have 25 stores to take care of and you may end up in a bind getting equipment and help and tarnish your name for a bit.

www.klclandscaping.net

Hey Honey, $12,000 in the hole; let's go max out our credit cards & those home equity checks.Spending gets us out of debt. Obama's doing it!

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."~ Thomas Jefferson