Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-20-2013, 05:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are you dieing to work for free at $20 a cut? Doing it for free is taking money out of your pocket and the hacks! Be happy that he is doing a crappy job which makes your work look that much better. Be happy that he isn't doing better work for less money and contacting your clients all the time. I have a area I do about 8 homes where a competitor lives. He puts his business card on their door in the spring with his per cut price of $25 or so. I haven't lost any clients yet only gained more. This guy has nice equipment and does a decent job. Find some other fish to fry.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-20-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If I had a service provider I was happy with and some other guy came by and offered me a lower price, then kept coming back even after I said no, THEN came and started cutting anyhow, I'd call the cops because the next logical step (in my mind) is that you're going to show up at the door demanding I pay you for work I didn't authorize you to do.

You're not the right lawn care company for every customer, and the reason won't always make any sense. Focus on the ones who are a good fit and rock their world. Forget the rest.