Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-14-2013, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
BB has always gone the extra mile for you no doubt. But the costomer service stories here on LS are horrendous. I know you have helped a bunch of them out here which is amazing but you shouldnt have too...

As for Briggs I have heard they are working hard to improve but have a long way to go to be proven against other options.
Posted via Mobile Device
No the only would do that after I took it in and the place I took it didn't have any grass to try it out in and I emailed every one I could at bad boy to get them to do that. It took alot for me to come up with the $7000 to buy the mower do when I buy something new I expect it to work now if I had it got 2 years and it started that I could understand them just trying to fix it instead of replace it. But yes my chevy dealer in town will send out someone to my house if ever a problem should arise and that's what the warrants are for.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-14-2013, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I mean do you think all these people that have the bad story's about bad boy are making it up. Like I stated I had good/bad experience with them and stated the mower is built like a tank with good ergonomics and the zt I had was awsome for 3acreas or less but now I'm mowing 5 and have to try and get it done in a short time I was relying on the outlaw to step the game up a little bit. But I things do happen and I am trying to work with them for a solution. And if we find one I will post that as well. I was just basically wanting to here people's advice on how I should go about solving the issue or if it was worth the time to try
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Retrodog-

You are a true asset here on LS and I've seen you go out of your way to help guys here with BB problems. I believe that you do your best to be a straight shooter with everyone too. I really admire that.

That said, you have said many times here that you are their (BB) biggest dealer now, so I would expect them to go out of their way to help you out. However, I have read at least 10-1 bad vs good stories about BB customer service on here and while watching other youtube videos/posts. I am not willing to believe that everyone is lying or wrong about what they post. Some, maybe, but not everyone. BB seems to be hit or miss far more than they ever be should when it comes to customer service, and dealing with said customers vs. their best dealers.

As far as the cyclonic engine goes.........they are still relatively new to the market, especially on a commercial mower application. They may be a big step up for B&S, but they are still not on par with "the big three". The reason you sell so many has far more to do with them being way cheaper to buy than Kohler, Kawi, or Vangaurds, than it does with them being great engines. When the day comes that there are a ton of commercial cutters using them, and for 1500-2000 plus or more hours regularly with minimal problems, only then will I accept them as being a good engine for a commercial application. I know that any engine can have issues, but the "big three" seem to go last that long and longer relatively easy with proper care.

None of my local dealers that sell all the brands and service them too, agree with you on their quality compared to the other "big three" for commercial cutters. That was straight from them to my ear, no in between or hearsay. It seems to me if they are getting to the point that they can actually compete with the other brands, then the machine manu's would use them and save themselves a bundle on their bottom line.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

GMLC has a hidden agenda to promote Gravely so he can play with the new machines that come out as long as he never says anything bad about them.
So whenever he gets a chance to go neg on BB he sees a chance to promote his brand.

I've seen bad dealers with every brand Ive owned. Ive traveled as far as 500 miles to pick up a machine because of dealer service stunk on every dealer I called even though the product was very well known. BB has their issues like every brand but people on here like to announce it at every opportunity. Like Im sorry you were treated so poorly by that dealer , my brand has never had a disappointed customer at least not one we will hear about on LS.

Thats just my opinion I've owned Walkers, Grasshoppers, Toro, Hustler, Gravely, Bad Boy,and Exmarks. The ones that are plural were the best. Dont like everything about any of these mowers. Thats why you demo, small dealers are the worst about demoing because they have very little inventory and want to sell what they have on hand first.

Same with Kohler, Kawasaki, and Briggs. Had trouble with all 3.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwom89 View Post
After warmed up I with blades off highest rpm is 3630. With blades on not moving highest rpm is 3450. When mowing half speed in not thick grass it stays around 3300-3400 when you get into the thicker established grass it jumps down to 3000-3100. And it just sounds like the motor is working hard. And that is at about 7 mph half speed if you try to go faster it leaves a bad cut when the rpms drop that low.
Posted via Mobile Device
WoW you have a problem then All my set with a load 3750 mowing never seen mine go below 3400 thick, tall or what ever grass it is.

I don't own a Briggs motor

If you only pushing 3630 with blades off that is your problem I would start there I would increase it
Old 09-15-2013, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
GMLC has a hidden agenda to promote Gravely so he can play with the new machines that come out as long as he never says anything bad about them.
Guess you havent read all my reviews on Gravely/Ariens products. I have two out there with bad reviews. I review all makes and models and Im honest. Im sorry if you dont like my opinion on BB. Its just my opinion but its quite qualified. I not only have owned or operated most major brands, Im also very familiar with the manufacturing process of equipment, parts and structures. I have been a professional witness in both the automotive and fabrication industries in the past. And its not a pleasant experience at arbitration...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Guess you havent read all my reviews on Gravely/Ariens products. I have two out there with bad reviews. I review all makes and models and Im honest. Im sorry if you dont like my opinion on BB. Its just my opinion but its quite qualified. I not only have owned or operated most major brands, Im also very familiar with the manufacturing process of equipment, parts and structures. I have been a professional witness in both the automotive and fabrication industries in the past. And its not a pleasant experience at arbitration...
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry just calling it the way I see it. Your always looking for an opportunity to promote Gravely. Ive owned a Gravely and now its not even an option because dealer support is not available. Yes hard to believe isnt it. Guess what Bad Boy has more dealers and dealer support than Gravely in my area. 5 yrs ago Gravely had 1 dealer in 100 miles guess what it has not changed. So why is that. Everyone blasts BB for poor support, should I start blasting Gravely because they have no big dealers in my area. I could but I dont. My only Gravely experience was the 260 and I had buyers remorse after 1 day. Fortunately they took it back it was not as good as I heard it was . It was not close to my Exmarks at the time. If they are so great why have they not expanded in the PNW like so many others BB included?

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

Old 09-15-2013, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Some pics of cut quality. It wont let me post but 1 the last 1 is my Hustler Super Z xr7 . The first is the Gravely 260. x factor deck. Just so you know Im not making things up.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2013, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Sorry just calling it the way I see it. Your always looking for an opportunity to promote Gravely. Ive owned a Gravely and now its not even an option because dealer support is not available. Yes hard to believe isnt it. Guess what Bad Boy has more dealers and dealer support than Gravely in my area. 5 yrs ago Gravely had 1 dealer in 100 miles guess what it has not changed. So why is that. Everyone blasts BB for poor support, should I start blasting Gravely because they have no big dealers in my area. I could but I dont. My only Gravely experience was the 260 and I had buyers remorse after 1 day. Fortunately they took it back it was not as good as I heard it was . It was not close to my Exmarks at the time. If they are so great why have they not expanded in the PNW like so many others BB included?
Well there customer service has basically been that they made the sell and don't care after that unless your a big company that could purchase alot more later. Well I am a homeowner and have baught to from them and talked my neighbor into buying one. But after there reaction to how I felt about my outlaw I wouldn't dare tell someone it's a good mower at $7000
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
And there are 0 BB dealers left in NH...

Gravely bought back your mower? Now thats amazing customer service! Many unhappy BB owners would want the same.

I to call it like I see it, I have examined BB machines in great detail and have read the horror stories here. Not impressed one bit.
Posted via Mobile Device