Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-15-2013, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Yup that Gravely cut pic looks horrible. Lines aren't straight, bad overlap, anti-scalp wheel marks and looks like someone drove through the middle of the lawn. I wouldn't be happy either. Just don't know how much of it could have been cured by adjustment and how much was just the operator. Do you have any ground level pics that show how good or bad the cut was?
Posted via Mobile Device
Only made 4 passes in that pic before pulling off the lawn to check pitch and tire pressure. Finished with other Hustler later.
Bumpy lawn, but never looked that bad with exmark or hustler, also tried to post the rest of the pics but they wont let me. So now your going to attack the operator. I spent 2 weeks on the phone with gravely I know how to set up a mower, I changed pitch, tire pressure, grass was built up under the deck too, but I could not improve the cut or the fact that if you pointed it downhill it had no reverse traction. That was only cutting 1 inch to 2 inches tops. So by your own admission "I the customer should of set up the mower better" Right Ive never posted any pics that looked that bad I purposely did that. At the time I wanted a Gravely and was trying to make it work. So get off your high horse I know what Im doing. The other pics are in an older thread you find it if you want to.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong

Last edited by MJB; 09-15-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Bumpy lawn, but never looked that bad with exmark or hustler, also tried to post the rest of the pics but they wont let me. So now your going to attack the operator. I spent 2 weeks on the phone with gravely I know how to set up a mower, I changed pitch, tire pressure, grass was built up under the deck too, but I could not improve the cut or the fact that if you pointed it downhill it had no reverse traction. That was only cutting 1 inch to 2 inches tops. So by your own admission "I the customer should of set up the mower better" Right Ive never posted any pics that looked that bad I purposely did that. At the time I wanted a Gravely and was trying to make it work. So get off your high horse I know what Im doing. The other pics are in an older thread you find it if you want to.
Sorry I was just being honest. I call em like I see em. The cut quality actually wasnt to bad but not what I would accept either. Looked clean, no clumps or clippings, no visible straglers. Just bad lines, overlap, and anti-scalp wheel marks and the strange tracks through the middle of the yard. I mow rough properties too and know it can be hard to hold a line sometimes. The Hustler cut looked much better but had some slight overlap.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Hey ridin green, I was top dealer only in 2012, honestly havent had many big issues since then, except a 7 guage deck on a zt bent last week that they sent here thursday and paid me to put on for customer. I have had 5 seasons worth of seeing non top dealer service. Honestly, I have issues with all brands, its the way the dealer approaches each issue in most cases. You can either tell customer, oh we dont see anything, or thats not covered under warranty and be done with it, or try to help each customer out you can. Bent deck the customer obviously hit something..couple of phone calls explaining how good the customer was about it and they expected to pay goes along way. Had a lady overheat a kubota diesel on a grasshopper due to grass in radiator screen. Kubota and gh said no way on warranty. Lady lost her husband and was doing what she could on her own. Couple calls to management positions explaining the situation, and bam, saved this poor lady $3800 of a motor build, it did take work on my part and my local rep at no compensation, but it made me proud to make the call to her she doesnt have to worry anymore...
I love stories like that. If I had a chance to do business with you, I most definitely would, simply because you do stuff for people like that lady, and that is how I was raised to be. I love knowing that there are others who do the same thing. I will go out of my way to support those types of people whenever and wherever I can. If you ever move closer to Mich let me know.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Sorry I was just being honest. I call em like I see em. The cut quality actually wasnt to bad but not what I would accept either. Looked clean, no clumps or clippings, no visible straglers. Just bad lines, overlap, and anti-scalp wheel marks and the strange tracks through the middle of the yard. I mow rough properties too and know it can be hard to hold a line sometimes. The Hustler cut looked much better but had some slight overlap.
Posted via Mobile Device
That was only cutting 1 inch in that pic the other problem is it did not leave a decent stripe at all. I found more pics maybe they are ok to some but even my customers asked why it didn't look as good as normal. I will try to post more pics but most have already been posted 5 yrs ago and will not let me repost.

These pics were cutting about 2 inches normally we cut 3 to 5 inches of damp or dripping wet grass, but these pics were under perfect dry conditions. I knew it would only get worse when wet and longer. Add terrible traction issues not good. I recently posted pics on this same hill only in a steeper part mowing at a angle with my new exmark in my link below. There is a huge difference if you compare these pics to my new exmark pics in the link at the bottom in my sig. Last 2 pics were double cut too hide clippings.
Attached Images

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

Old 09-15-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I apologize there is 1 near the sea coast....Last time I had looked there was 0.
Posted via Mobile Device
The dealer has been selling Bad Boy Mowers for a year now.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
The dealer has been selling Bad Boy Mowers for a year now.
Today was the first time on the BB site in well over a year, maybe 2. End of 2011, begining of 2012 is when I did all my demos for new machines. I wish you luck expanding in the north east. Get me a demo and I will post an honest review on LS with tons of pics. PM me if your interested.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GMLC; 09-15-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
That was only cutting 1 inch in that pic the other problem is it did not leave a decent stripe at all. I found more pics maybe they are ok to some but even my customers asked why it didn't look as good as normal. I will try to post more pics but most have already been posted 5 yrs ago and will not let me repost.

These pics were cutting about 2 inches normally we cut 3 to 5 inches of damp or dripping wet grass, but these pics were under perfect dry conditions. I knew it would only get worse when wet and longer. Add terrible traction issues not good. I recently posted pics on this same hill only in a steeper part mowing at a angle with my new exmark in my link below. There is a huge difference if you compare these pics to my new exmark pics in the link at the bottom in my sig. Last 2 pics were double cut too hide clippings.
I agree, not acceptable. I would not be happy either. I do not experience any of those cut quality problems and I take off 3-6 inches per week. One of the pics I posted was in the rain. We cant mulch here with any mower. I know you do great work and I follow most of your threads.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

im glad your all helping the OP...................... gezz. Has anyone looked at the deck pitch? If its off its going to be a power hog
Old 09-15-2013, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I agree, not acceptable. I would not be happy either. I do not experience any of those cut quality problems and I take off 3-6 inches per week. One of the pics I posted was in the rain. We cant mulch here with any mower. I know you do great work and I follow most of your threads.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wish side discharging was the answer for me too. It would save a lot of time, but I only have a couple of jobs I can side discharge and my Outlaw does a great job on those. I know Gravely has an exceptional cut while side discharging , just not a need for me right now.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
im glad your all helping the OP...................... gezz. Has anyone looked at the deck pitch? If its off its going to be a power hog
Thanks for the reminder and sorry to the OP. I never thought about the deck pitch sucking hp. I would of thought he would be complaining about the cut quality if that was the case.