Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-15-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Thanks for the reminder and sorry to the OP. I never thought about the deck pitch sucking hp. I would of thought he would be complaining about the cut quality if that was the case.
it sounds like he is a home owner, so he might not care. A back pitch will not leave a bad cut, it will just rob all his hp on the gas motor, especially a thick lawn.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Not choosing sides on BB or any other mower in this discussion. There is 1 Gravely dealer within 50 Miles of me in the state, there is a BB dealer literally 1 mile down the road. I don't know specs of either brand but I would find it hard to demo a BB from a dealer (even with their close proximity to our shop) given the fact a "spoiler" is a standard feature and ROPS are optional .

I also can't see how they can compete with other major brands who have massive purchasing power and still sell for almost half of a comparable machine of a different brand
Demo any Outlaw without the spoiler you might be surprised. The spoiler just keeps it from getting air born . haha Not everyone likes them for sure. I went from a Super Z spoiler to the Outlaw with spoiler. I only care about the finished cut and how fast can I get it done.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 09-15-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
it sounds like he is a home owner, so he might not care. A back pitch will not leave a bad cut, it will just rob all his hp on the gas motor, especially a thick lawn.
Good point! It sure would not be the first time a mower left the dealer with the pitch screwed up.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

Old 09-15-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwom89 View Post
I baught a bad boy zt 50" 27hp mower last year to mow 3 acreas and after up grading the seat to a suspension seat I was pretty happy with it even tho the cut wasn't the best. Last month I started mowing about 5 acreas so I decided to upgrade mowers to a 2013 bad boy outlaw 54" 30hp b&s cyclonic. The mower is built like I tank but with all the weight the briggs motor doesn't have enough hp to effectively mow up hill or thick established lawns. I have talked to the bad boy rep and he had me to take it in to look at it and they found nothing wrong with it other than showing them how it Boggs in any grass that's short but thick. So basically after that he told me to live with it or complain to the dealer and see if hr will do anything. Well personally I think that isn't fair to the dealer. My opinion is that the 1140 pound mower needs way more motor on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Here are a couple things to check. Have you checked your cutting height could it be your cutting shorter than you did with the ZT? The ZT had the electric deck lift cutting height will not be the same, I would raise the deck a 1/4 inch next mow. Also as you may of heard JC Clawn talking about pitch. Have you checked your pitch at all?

Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I checked the pitch it's a 1/4 lower in the front. I have been mowing a little higher even than I was with the zt bc haven't had rain in a while so usually cut it a little higher
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I checked the pitch it's a 1/4 lower in the front. I have been mowing a little higher even than I was with the zt bc haven't had rain in a while so usually cut it a little higher
Posted via Mobile Device
have you demoed another outlaw to see if something is wrong?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
What would happen if you slowed down to the same speed the ZT mowed at, would you pick up some rpms, you should? I would aslo check the engine manual for engine max rpm blades off, and recheck and set at max. How many hrs are on the mower so far? Is it broke in yet past 5 hr oil and filter change?

Old 09-15-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
What would happen if you slowed down to the same speed the ZT mowed at, would you pick up some rpms, you should? I would aslo check the engine manual for engine max rpm blades off, and recheck and set at max. How many hrs are on the mower so far? Is it broke in yet past 5 hr oil and filter change?
read the first 3 pages

he is about 15 hrs, its running 400 rpms lower than max
Old 09-15-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

And it has the fusion high lifts on it and I was running gator mulch on the zt which would drag the motor a little more than the lifts but would keep a steady rpm
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
And it has the fusion high lifts on it and I was running gator mulch on the zt which would drag the motor a little more than the lifts but would keep a steady rpm
Posted via Mobile Device
Id seriously demo another mower and if you see a major difference drop your off and say fix it