Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-22-2013, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So the bar turns left or right to steer and the throttle is one piece, like a scooter at Walmart? It looks in the pics like the front wheels are still casters, so the rear wheels and pumps still do the turning, like on a ZTR? How does that work?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-23-2013, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawn View Post
So the bar turns left or right to steer and the throttle is one piece, like a scooter at Walmart? It looks in the pics like the front wheels are still casters, so the rear wheels and pumps still do the turning, like on a ZTR? How does that work?
Posted via Mobile Device
The front wheels are casters and the rear wheels do the pulling. I'm not certain what the dynamics are but it's easy to drive, I like a ztr better but I have no problems with this. I've never driven a WMS so I can't say how they work but this mower has a throttle bar that is the same left or right handed. Makes it a good one handed mower. It turns like a zero turn but after about an hours use I would not recommend this over a zero turn, except for price. However, my wife does not like ztrs but she likes this. You know what I'm thinking......

The Kaw FR651 is plenty of power and the deck cuts good. Starts easy, just a light choke when cold and then just bump the key. I love the Hustler ht adjust system, it's a little better than Bob-Cat's imho and the smaller tires/lighter wt don't seem to divot the yard. For the 3/4 acre this will mow regularly, it's perfect and I consider it adequate back up for my 4 acre lot and rentals. I can run it backwards straight enough to blow a driveway and I'm sure I'll get better with practice. It's easy to edge but there's not much trim edge, only about 2". I don't have much slope so I can't say how it holds but I expect it could get squirrely. I have no buyer's remorse.