Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-27-2013, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Commando View Post
No. Redmax is they still using two stroke with annoying Whistle ! Stihl will developed even more powerful blower or change current one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kinda funny you think that becuase Sthil is starting to use Redmaxs technology. Strato Charge two strokes...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-27-2013, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, this went south fast. There are a lot of factors involved. Stihl developed the 4-mix technology to meet EPA standards. The. At the last minute, the EPA changed the game allowing the continued use of 2-strokes. Given the situation Stihl made lemons from lemonade.

As to Stihl being behind. It does seem to be the case. Stihl has been leasing technology from Husqvarna (the parent company of Redmax) for both carbs and ignition systems. Without it, they couldn't compete. M-tronic is basically a second string of Husqvarna auto-tune. It's high time Stihl showed how they became the dominant manufacturer they are.

To their credit, they're building a fuel injected cutoff saw that may change the game. As in bye bye carbs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-27-2013, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Stihl rep at our open house this year and last, told me and my wife that they have no plans for a new, bigger blower. They know there's is behind the competition, but they feel the one they have is selling so well, and blows hard enough that they don't need to try to outdo their competition. They like the fact that their blowers do better on fuel and use that for their selling point now, instead of power.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why a few ounces of fuel in a handheld/backpack makes a difference has always made me shake my head. Time is money and a little gas money saved can't overcome time to do another job. Also, getting 12-15mpg in the truck pulling all the equipment makes the cost of a few more ounces even more irrelevant.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-27-2013, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It didn't matter to me either. I sold my 600 and kept my Husky and BR380.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Member

After reading all this stuff I picked up a husky 570 today. Ive been running a husky 350 all year and its been a great little work horse, but leaves a lot to be desired this time of year.

I ran through a tank of gas on the 570bts today .. around 1/2 gallon or so yielded maybe 3 hours of steady blowing. it cut my time in half compared to my 350.. Not much weight difference and certainly easy to run except for my wrist. Im having a hard time getting something right and my wrist feels like carpal tunnel syndrome is setting in... anyone else get this?
Old 11-01-2013, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You can easily change angles of the handle just by loosening the knob. I didn't set mine up like they show to do. I have my handle above the tube and to the side, not right beside it. That wasn't comfortable to me at all. Just take the tube section off right in front of the section where the handle mounts, then flip the handle ring around and upside down if that makes sense. T places the handle above the tube, and with the adjustable angle handle, it is pretty comfortable.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...12&postcount=5

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=69
Old 11-01-2013, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
yep.. i tried it on top but off set to one side.. didn't like that much either. There is actually a fair amount of torque on the tube.. like with an old hand held. It starts to hurt after 30 minutes or so. Im gonna try to mount the pistol grip centered and above the tube next and see how that works. (nice having options btw) thanks for the tips sir.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you can figure out how to mount it over the tube and centered, let me know. It can't be done with the mounting hardware that came with it. The only option (and it isn't cheap) is to buy the tube section, handle and wiring for the Redmax 7500.

I just let my hand roll over the top like a gang banger holding a semi auto. Nice and comfortable and I run mine like that for hours on end without stopping other than for re-fueling.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had an echo pb755t it worked good, then i added the husky 180bt and it was more powerful by quite a bit, but also a lot heavier, then last year I sold the echo back pack and picked up a new stihl br600 for 450 plus taxes, then this spring i picked up another br600 magnum and that's all I have for back packs they work good, they are light, fuel efficient, not as powerful as the husky line up but, I was looking more towards comfort. plenty of power, especially considering I just use them to blow grass of driveways, walkways, and leaves out of beds and shrubs. once you have all the pieces of the puzzle, having the most powerful backpack doesn't matter. comfort is key. If I was doing clean ups solely with a backpack blower I would want the most powerful one on the market end of story.